Monday, October 02, 2006
A Belated Yom Kippur
Yom Kippur was at sundown October 1st until Sundown this evening. This is the Jewish day of repentance, considered to be the holiest and most solemn day of the year. Its central theme is atonement and reconciliation.

"But Margaret", many of you may ask; "but you're not Jewish!"

Yeah I know, there are many things that I am not and many things that I am. Some things are good and some not so good. Worldly religions are the same way. Each desires to do good and good can be found in all. Some have bits of stuff that isn't good. I believe that "God is Good" and that good stuffs come from God. Because of this I have studied many religions and decided for myself to embrace the good in them.

Now Yom Kipper may seem a bit scary and not good. According to the Talmud, God opens three books on the first day of the year; one for the thoroughly wicked, another for the thoroughly pious, and the third for the large intermediate class. Yom Kippur is when God seals the fate of everyone for the upcoming year. Well, I can be found in the intermediate class for God knows I sure ain't a Saint but I'm not such an evil minion either.

So I must confess to the crimes that the Book of the Intermediates charge me of doing this past year. I have to say sorry where and to whom sorry is due and make an honest effort not to re-offend in the upcoming year. To me, that is a good thing to do no matter who 'ya be. So here goes - for the sake of my fate...

1. To my NJ Family: Sorry that I left in that way, even though I had to. I pray you someday understand.
2. To my Friends: I didn't make the time. I am sorry. Expect a phone call soon!
3. To my Customers. I'm sorry but this past year I've only done all that I had to do and nothing more.
4. To my Husband/Daughter: I'm sorry that I yell at either of you using words that I wouldn't even yell to a complete stranger. I promise to call you both something else less offensive from now on.
5. To those Complete Strangers: Sorry for flippin' the bird at those I did notice and not noticing the ones that only needed the smile of a stranger to cheer up their day.

...and finally to the Discordant Collywobblers: I'm sorry for the inharmonious bellyaches.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:38 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Butchie said…

    Happy jewish day to you, too. It's ok about flipping me off.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Happy Jewish day to u.
    Tomorrow I will have an unusual post .Wait for the suspence.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    vist my new post

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    very nice post. I really should say some of that to people I care about too.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Me said…

    You are forgiven.

    *hugs*

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Wow, this post stands in absolute conrast to the one I have up now. If I were judged on that one alone, oh boy I'd be screwed.

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Collywobblers are bad enough but discordant collywobblers are far worse. It takes a stron person to say your sorry to suc h as they.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    My confessions would be a week long to list. *sigh* And fasting? Fageddaboudit!!! I'm Italian. I never miss a meal. I need God!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises