Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Thirteen Good Sniffs
I absolutely love Fragrance Oils and I prefer the soy based Yum-Yums from Wellington Fragrance the best. These have no petroleum or alcohol tones to catch a buzz over. In fact when Peeps come by to visit they strain their necks looking for the fresh baked goodies or fresh cut flowers.


Here are 13 of my Favorite Sniffs.

1. Cinnamon Bun. You're walking in the Mall past the food court and suddenly you're mouth is watering as you walk by a Cinnabon Shop. This oil replicates this experience in your own home to a tee.

2. Cucumber Melon. You may have sniffed this out in a favorite hand lotion or soap. It is refreshing and sends off vibes of coolness, especially during the hot summer months.

3. Hazelnut. A wonderful warming fragrance of a gourmet coffee shop. Great to grab a favorite book, warm mug of coffee and snuggle on your favorite chair with this sniff in the air.

4. Lilac. I love the sniffs of Lilacs in April and this oil can bring fresh cut flowers to your kitchen table at any time of the year. It is the closest sniff of true Lilac I have ever come across - flowery yet sweet, bold yet delicate.

5. Downy Lavender Vanilla. I hate doing laundry, but I don't mind sniffing fresh laundry. This sniff is great on any day and the good fresh sniff will give Peeps the impression of a clean house. Even if there is an inch of dust on the shelves and a cobweb in the corner.

6. Mulberry. A sniff that will make Peeps wonder who baked the pie. I didn't think I would enjoy this sniff but after trying it - I'm hooked. It is VeryBerryLicious!!

7. Strawberry. Just plain old fashioned strawberry does the trick, this particular oil isn't phony sniffing like a Red Food Dyed Twizzler, it isn't too sweet nor too powerful. Simply fresh Strawberries that sniff so real you'll have boxer turtles knocking on your front door.

8. Caribbean Fruit. This one is an odd one and it doesn't sniff Tropical at all. Instead it sniffs like a bowl of fresh Peaches. This is one of Gon's particular favorites. (current sniff as of this posting.)

9. Apple Jack & Peel. If you like Yankee Candles Macintosh Apple you'll love this wonderful sniff. Great for Autumn, light and refreshing. I found this sniff mixed with an equal sniff of Cinnamon Bun creates a fresh baked Apple Pie sniff.

10. Cotton Candy. A great mood picker upper. Not that you'd want your home turned into a circus or carnival but the sniff is so on time when it comes to the sniff of fresh poofed cotton candy vendors.

11. Wine & Roses. This sniff has to be the most mind blowing sniffs of them all. It sounds strange but it sniffs just like Wine & Roses and it's great for a Romantic Dinner at home. Or if you just want to get your Sweetie in the mood for some loving.

12. Papaya Mango. If you want Tropical or Caribbean this is the sniff. Makes you want to put on a grass Hula Skirt and go get yourself Lei'ed.

13. Spruce and Berries. This is a great Christmas time sniff. Especially if you have an artificial tree that is lacking in evergreen sniff. The Spruce is light and natural and yet the Berry tones soften it's sharpness.

What Sniff are you Sniffing right now?
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:39 PM  
43 Comments:
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Right now...Green Tea incense by Nippon Kodo. Although the Cinnamon Bun oil sounds good.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    I love Hazelnut!! I just bought a half pound bag of coffee on line from bocajava.com. I like the Rose and something or other Tide...I don't like the Lavendar stuff.

    I make the best cinnamon rolls. I should give you my recipe. They rival cinnabon.

    I loved the dog butt picture. :) My TT is now up too.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    I love every one of those scents!

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Southern Girl said…

    I love lilac and lavender, too! Purple smells in general are good. ;)

    The scent I'm sniffing right now is the warm prune juice I just had. hee!

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    I love 4, 8, and 11..
    Great scents!
    Good TT
    Mine is up too.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Mmm, wonderful scents!! I would add pumpkin to the list.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, I love 1, 4, 5 & 9. I prefer spicy scents rather than fruity ones generally...I found a parfumerie that also does just oils, no alcohol and they created a scent for me that is a combination of the perfume, Angel, mixed with Tunisian Opium. O.M.G. does it smell GOOD! Great list :-)

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smells good to me, especially the papaya mango. lol :)

    I'm up too

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Knitting Maniac said…

    Mmmm.... hazelnut!

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Meira{FB} said…

    Oh gosh, I can just imagine the smells! Happy TT!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite scents are cinnamon apple or pumpkin spice. Too bad I only use them during the holiday seasons. Your list was heavenly!

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    I love everything citrusy. I love my house smelling like that. Happy TT!

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to agree with Goofy Girl, a Pumpkin Spice or Pumpkin Pie would be yummy. I guess I'm in a fall mood.

    Great List, though! Happy Thursday!

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am a vanilla girl. can't get enough of it. my list is up!

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #s 2, 9 and 12 are for me. I like this list. Very original and very descriptive. I can almost smell them all.
    I'm new to your blog. I hope you will pop by and visit my tt this week.

     
  • At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cinnamon buns are the best smell. :) Yum! :) My 13 are up. :)

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    I prefer mangoes

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loving those scents. I love the smell of coffee - but not the taste.

    Also fresh mown grass.

    Your Eeyore is cute.

    My TT is up

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Around the holidays we'll get a scented candle that is kinda cinnamony and nice.

    When we were in NJ in the cold weather a long time ago, we used to love the smell of burning cedar cuz it seemed like a good winter scent.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Wish we had scratch-n-sniff monitors!

    I like the smell of sugar cookies - well any cookies, really!

    Have a great Thursday!

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    Cinnamon buns. yum. I have a cinnamon bun shower gel from Sephora, it makes me feel so relaxed!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    Mmmmmm. I love my strawberry daiquiri stuff from Bath and Body Works right now, but these sound great too! Ours is up - 13 things I'm doing once we recover from this sickness!!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yum! #'s 1 and 4 would be at the top of my list too. My TT is up - favorite things about fall.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Darla said…

    Mmmm... fresh bread, coffee, puppies...

    Right now, though, I'm trying not to sniff--it's horribly humid today, and the air smells moldy. Yuck.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yummm!!!!

    I just put on some Lavender hand lotion and it is lovely.

    Happy T13!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    About a dozen smells I like:

    The summer ocean, The fall ocean, the Winter Ocean, the Spring ocean, The wetlands, the Woods after rain, the ocean after rain, the Ocean after hail, the Woods after Hail, the Woods after snowfall, Pizza, Fresh Baked Sourdough bread.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the smell of cucumber melon!! Another favorite smell for me is my own Handsome Hubby! LOL Sorry, I'm feeling a bit sappy today - but he does smell good!
    My list is up!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmm...delicious!

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yum! I love all these scents. Also, mango for some reason always gives me more energy.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Candy Minx said…

    I love gardenias. I love the smell of coffee too but I wonder if there is a cologne for that?

    My tt is up...

    http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/09/thirteen-things-i-can-do-to-save-world_14.html

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said…

    These sound like they'd smell amazing. I love all those scents!

    My TT is up as well.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Forget the smells, my Pug and I are coming to the Pug meet-up. ;)

    Eh, I love anything that smells like food, particularly fruit. If it smells like flowers or "linen", it smells off to me.

    Great list!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cinammon buns....regular downy for me....coconut oil, i have this heavenly coconut vanilla perfume oil...mmmm, oh and the smell of gasoline.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger K T Cat said…

    I LOVE the graphic you used at the beginning of the post. Inspired!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger SJ said…

    Caramel. Love it.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    MMMM cinnabon! MMMM I'd be afraid that sniffing that would make me want it (more than I do). But what nice sniffs!

    I also use the downey vanilla and lavender. It's pricey so I am thankful for the commissary privs that come with being married to Duty!

    :) Have a good weekend!

    Yer pal,
    L

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the smell of cinnamon buns. But, I love the smell of cinnamon/apple! Hazelnut Coffee at Barnie's does it for me!

    My TT is up.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger bernie said…

    I can't take fake fragrances, only natural ones, otherwise my nose translates it as garbage smelling. Yes, that means no fake lilac smelling toilet paper or fake pine-smelling undershorts.

    I linked your TT to TT - 13 Converts to Islam

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said…

    Love your site.
    Share some of your favourite smells.
    Happy TT.

     
  • At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought I left my link yesterday =( oh well it's there now and I came to say I didn't mean to link and run. The network at work was going spaz (as usual!) and I couldn't load pages anymore.

    I think those sniffs would made me crave food all the time but I wouldn't have those foods in my house!

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    I love them all! I am currently smelling the smell of fresh coffee!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    mmmm hazelnut and mango!!!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wonderful list of scents! I may "borrow" this idea for one of my future T13's.
    Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my T13.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises