Friday, September 01, 2006
Margie Unplugged
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Now where did I leave off last Friday when it comes to the drama that I call my last "9 Years?" Y'all should know by now, I married at 18 divorced at 30, ran away from NJ to Savannah, Ga and started soaring in my new found single life.

That was cool, that was until I got my first PC and went online for the first time ever back in 1999. I'm sure most of you remember how cool it was the very first night you "dialed up to the internet." I was so mezmorized I stayed on the thing for hours and hours.

It was my 33rd Birthday and there I was all alone on my new computer. Nobody was around to celebrate because it was a weekday and all my friends had to work the next day. Not that this was a bad thing, mind you. We had some plans and crazy times to be had that coming weekend downtown.

Either way, it was on my first night when I found the indespensible search engine, "Google." For shits and giggles I googled my birthday to see what sort of stuff went down in the past on this certain date, including the year I was born.

All kinds of cool stuff popped up on my screen but the oddest of all was this Geek Resume' of some Dude in New Hampshire in search for a technical job. It listed all these weird qualifications like Perl, Java, Linux, Redhat, etc. Stuff I ain't never heard before. The resume' read he was working currently as a Sys Admin for a newspaper company.

All I could think of was our own Sys Admin down at the company I was working in Human Resources for and I immediately had an image of Stephen Hawking. So why did Google pop up this Dude's resume' and what did it have to do with my birthday?

Because he stole my birthday! Oh yeah, right up there by his address, phone and social security number was his date of birth. It was at that moment I thought, "Wow, pretty cool some dude is out there on this internet tonight and it's his birthday too." Then I freaked, "Not even a cool dude, but I bet a Star Trek Geek with Coke Bottled Glasses type of Nerd done stole my birthday right from under me!" I got mad and fired off an email to the address he had listed:

"Hey you! I'd have you know that today is MY Birthday and I have just found out that you have stolen it. I'd like it back now, please." -Margie

Really, the nerve of some peeps - trying to hop in on your birthday and stake claim to it. Oh no, this bitch wasn't having anything like that. Then he had the nerve to email me back and reply:

"No! It was MY birthday FIRST! If you like to have it back after I turn, let's say 60 then I'll THINK about giving it to you then." -Gon

Oh no he did NOT! I didn't even own a computer 24 hours and I had myself my first flame war. Seriously, we argued for months and months. He didn't stop at stealing only the birthday, he happened to have my favorite CD's and like all the same things I did! Then he sent me a picture of himself.

Uhhhhhh..... no fair!! He just so happened to be drop dead gorgeous!

A phone call from him soon made me melt. He sounded just like a cross between James Earl Jones and Johnny Cash.

An Email Valentine Greeting Card came next and then came Spring.

Then came my mailman with a round trip plane ticket to Boston, MA.

Can you guess what happened next?
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:38 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger Bazza said…

    Nope, but hopefully you're gonna tell us.

     
  • At 3:12 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    What happened next ?

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Dear Margie
    Happy onam
    Please visit my new post

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Ya got married?

    The earliest I remember getting on the ol’ internet is back in 1994 at work. It wasn’t until 1996 that I started the “hours and hours” thing. I don’t remember when I first met Google, but I do remember thinking how cool and easy it was.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Wow. Not that I'm good at guessing, but you ended up killing him and grinding his body into a fine paste for snacking, yes? No? See, told you I wasn't any good at guessing.

    My first memory of the internets was mIRC (Internet Relay Chat) and rotten.com. Both highly amusing and damaging to a simple mind like my own.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    It's cheating but I've read your "about me" list-- so I'm guessing you married him or you know lots of gorgeous guys with your birthday. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises