Saturday, September 02, 2006
Happy Morning
I'm never had been a morning person but I do mornings fairly good after a few minor adjustments. Tossing the Alarm Clock, the bedroom window blinds, always leaving the window open a crack and investing in a Mr. Coffee with a timer seemed to do the trick.

No more waking up to mind boggling alarm buzzers or voices of Morning Talk Radio DJ's. I fair much better awaking au natural. The morning sunlight trickles in spoonful by spoonful, first warming and waking my toes to a needed stretch as I roll over. The smell of brewing coffee molecules float in puffy aroma clouds to tickle my senses of taste and smell.

Outside my window subtle noises of chirping birds and the neighborhood peeps starting their cars to head off to work awaken my ears. My favorite of all morning noises is the Basset Hounds "Wake & Shake". The sound of their stretch then flapping jowls, ears, back and tail send a strange desire and wish that I too, could do the same.

BUT... not every morning should I be so lucky.



Some mornings our neighbor has a landscaping service come in with 4 buzzing, morning air poluting lawn and garden appliances that set my morning senses into a state of offense, thus defence for the rest of the day.

A few weeks ago it was a blood curdling scream from our daughter shouting about a mean kitty cat in her bedroom for four days straight. Active imaginations can bring about such terror and so can a huge pregnant Opposum Momma who chewed her way in via the floorboard under the dresser.

The big bummer this morning was the silent but devastating death of Mr. Coffee. Instant coffee doesn't quite do the trick for it is merely coffee flavored hot water. Entrapping my mind in an imaginative fog of Singing, Smiling, Pollen Gnomes. Defenseless due to lack of caffiene induced energy rendering me useless in kicking their Yellow, Sunshiny, Pet Dandered Happy Asses.

I long instead not for the addictive caffeine but for the ability to master the morning "Wake & Shake". To return to the simpler days when coffee and cigarettes were out of my reach and an entire new day was awaiting for me to go out and live it.

(Special thanks to Kev from Acme Instant Foods for sharing the YouTube.)
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:01 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger rel said…

    Margie,
    delightful, simply delightful
    thanks for stopping by and commenting.
    rel

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger ela zawrat said…

    Hi Margaret,
    that's a nice setup - light, birds, and smell of coffee (maybe Mr Coffee would change his mind and fix himself…?) I'm very good at the dangerous art of snoozing and I should consider some of your tips…. take care

    Ela

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    a momma possum in my room would have me screaming!! Yikes!!
    Love the video...I could use one more cup o'joe myself about now!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi margie
    Delightful.
    i visited your friends page.I appreciate his courage and artistic innovation.
    Please convey my regards to him

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger drëâmè® said…

    ahh this reminds me that school is starting tomorrow and I'm gonna die.. ahhh >_< I have to wake up early every morning.. I personally put my radio alarm on a rock station... and sometimes awaken to disturbingly loud guitar cords...

    delightful, no?

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I would scream if any animal chewed its way into my room. Your mornings certainly don't ;asck ecitment.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger El Mostro said…

    Definitely, I need mate and a take a shower to wake up. I can do four different breakfast, take the dog to a ride, began to work, etc, but first mate.
    Sorry by my bad english. Regards from Mosterio.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    got shtein?

    I just laughed my ass off watching that commercial! heh heh!

    B-o

    -------

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises