Monday, July 14, 2008
Little Miss Entrepreneur
Kids have great imaginations so I've learned not to question much, but rather just let them go about their creative pretend play. Earlier this morning Katie seemed to have some sort of rock collection going on in the driveway. This venture later turned into a manufacturing process of cleaning the rocks in various solutions. Such as Wash, Rinse, Wax and Dry compartments.

Conveniently placed on the stockade fencing were two shelf like areas to proudly display the finished Rock product. While at it, it seems many stores have landscaped flowers in their parking lots or entrances - so off Katie went to snag one of my potted flower plants. Her imagination then turned our cooler into a sales counter/cash register.

Then she waited.

Waited patiently for over an hour for a customer to arrive. She quickly ran into the house and created a sign. Only she doesn't know how to write and make it say, "Turn here to Rock Store." Mommy could help write that, and so I did - while she ran to the front of the house and taped it to our front door.

Then she waited. Excitedly at first, for sure a customer will ride by and want to come see her store. After almost an entire hour she decided to ask me if she could tape the sign out on the mailbox by the highway.

Of course I said no, all we need is some disgruntled passerby to think there was a yard sale or something here, only to drive in and find a bunch of overpriced rocks. However I couldn't tell Katie that. Instead I tried to explain the need for sign permits and sales tax rules that need to be applied for, approved and done first.

Her little face was so disappointed. Not being able to stand watching her little heart break, I left her outside with Daddy. I quickly grabbed my eyeliner and drew a mustache and beard on my face. Grabbed a fishing hat of Jon's and tucked my hair up in it. I slapped on a pair of big dark sunglasses and snagged a long trench coat out of the front closet.

I walked around to where she was waiting, she didn't notice it was me at first - then I put on my best male accent and asked to buy a special rock. After lots of shopping and looking I found the perfect one. She wanted THREE DOLLARS for it!!! I was able to bargain her down to two bucks but she wouldn't budge any lower. I didn't expect that for I only grabbed a dollar out of my purse before I went out.

Then I found a bag of jacks and a rubber ball in one of the coat pockets. Something that was once hers but has been forgotten and left in the coat pocket since last January. She gladly bargained for one dollar PLUS the set of jacks.

Her day was made! She had a sale and she's ready to quit business for the day and come in to have some lunch. I turned around, mustache and all - and found myself face to face with the FedEx delivery man!

:sigh: He wouldn't even let me try to explain!!. :heavy sigh:
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:37 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey bokkie!

    TOO DIVINE for words!
    Well done Katie!

    Love
    Aunty Hanlie Koekemoer
    xxxOxxx

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    What parents won't do for their children. You are a good parent indeed.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    LOL.. great job, Katie. Now.. how busy is your street? And...lemonade stand? :-)

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks for making my day!

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    What a sweet post. You are indeed a wonderful mommy.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Rowan said…

    LOL! That is so sweet! And funny about the delivery man!

    lavender

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    :)
    Children are more intelligent than Us :)

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    Hi Margie,
    you are the cute mom.
    I enjoyed your post and learn much from you as a mom.
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Me said…

    She is simply adorable. No doubt.

    "Turn here to Rock Store."

    I love it.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said…

    See now? That's just NICE.

    Hey, thanks for coming by and leaving that nice comment, I really appreciate it!!

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Aw, precious.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi Margie :)
    Pls participate in a wild guess contest @my blog

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises