Sunday, August 17, 2008
Stealing Staplers I
Well folks, I did it. With two weeks left of summer vacation, Squirt ready to head off to Kindergarten and after enjoying these past few weeks being a kept woman - I've returned to work!

After 8 years of being wife, mom, domestic engineer, nurse and wearing many other odd hats, I'm back behind a desk and stinking up some office space!

I'm reaching in the back of my closet and pulling out the dusty, moth ridden professional wardrobe that shoved to the back a decade ago. There are two Hello Kitty bandaids behind both of my heels due to blisters from walking around in a pair of dress shoes all day.

What is my job title? I'd prefer to use the term "Information Administrator" but the current office residents consider me as the new girl sitting at the receptionist desk. They all know that they need a warm body but I don't believe any of them are aware whether they like me or not.

I prefer it to be that way. To remain a mystery and without definition. Hard to read.

I did not return to work to make any friends. I could have easily joined a garden club or knitting circle instead to make friends. No, instead I am there to chalk up another experience on my ongoing resume' and to bring home a paycheck.

One week down and I'm trying to distinguish what is the right level of socialization within this particular office environment. Now, it's not that I'm anti-social. No, I'm just anti-bullshit and anti-drama. I do not want either on me or around me.

What I do want is that pretty, shiny, red Swingline Stapler without going through an Epic Hobbit adventure.

Wondering if this is even possible.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:20 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, I need to watch Office Space again :)

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Good stuff, Margie. Really hope I land me a wife like you someday. Have learned more about you in the last few months than the last few years and you're a little bit of alright :)

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    I'll have to get you a shiny pink stapler and we'll put your name on it with all kinds of sparkly bling.....

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger bettygram said…

    May you get your stapler with no drama!

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Welcome back to the workforce. I wonder if Dubya will claim credit for the reduction in the unemployment rate ;-)

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You do realize that in some offices a stapler is considered a weapon...

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    You can not work without a little drama. But you can certainly keep it way below hobbit level.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises