Sunday, March 09, 2008
Fast Food From the God Box: 8 PHILOSOPHY QUESTIONS

1. How do you know anything really exists?

-Unless I'm under the influence of cough syrup, I trust my five senses. Granted, some things require a second glance or a follow up sniff for assurance.

2. What is the essence of being human?

-I believe it is our emotions. The ability to love and care for another. To exhibit genuine feelings of compassion or adoration. Also the fact that most of us have morals and think of how our actions would effect others. We tend to intellectually behave ourselves.

3. If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does
it make a sound?

-Of course! In fact it makes many sounds such as cracklings, moaning and a great big whoosh.

4. How do you know you're not just a brain in a vat, hooked up to a computer
simulation of life?

-Because my brain is more like a hunk of scrapple popping away in a frying pan over high heat.

5. Can our minds exist separately from our bodies?

-I believe we all have a soul. A spirit if you may, that has a will to exist and can exist beyond the physical realm of a blob of gray matter.

6. Is there a God?

-Yes. When I see how massive, awesome and incredible the universe is compared to how tiny we are - I am humbled. Out of the millions of stars, planets and universe this one called Earth just so happened to be in just the right distance from the sun and have just the right elements for life. Life so beautiful and in so many different forms. In this magnitude alone - I feel blessed. I feel like I'm just a tiny part of a small-in-size yet magnificent miracle.

7. What is the nature of Knowledge?

-Curiosity.

8. What is the meaning of life?

-I don't know. You'll have to ask Dr. John because I have a feeling he's holding out on telling us. But seriously, why do we have life? Perhaps because life has a will. A will that was exercised by a desire or need. It's all up to the individual whether he or she believes they exist because they were "meant to be."

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 2:32 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises