Saturday, February 09, 2008
Margie Unplugged; "Juggling Plates"
Here it is February 10th and our Christmas tree is still up and twinkling!!

Yes folks, I have been so busy lately not only my blog is lacking but so are so many other matters. Working 60 hours a week leaves me exhausted mentally as well as physically. Hope is not lost however, as I have managed to at least take down our outdoor Christmas Decor.

Okay, okay - I forgot all about the wreath hanging on the front door - but I'll get to it.

Thus the need for this post entitled; Juggling Plates. (In no particular order.)

Plate #1: Blogging. I'm sorry but with the exception of a spark of thought during mid week, I am going to have to cut down. I can promise one post a week over the weekends. Maybe more but surely not less.

Plate #2: The Job. The job that leaves me completely drained. I can't remember the last time that my brain was so empty. Never, could I just sit awake without thinking or having a thought going on between my two ears. Until I started caring for two elderly persons with Alzheimer's.

My think tank has sunk. I can't even blog about what fills my mind 60 hours a week. Not yet anyway, but I sure wish that I could.

I can say that these two elderly people are dear friends of ours. I love them and they me. I'm not a nurse nor a certified home health caretaker. I don't know what I'm doing. What I'm doing is merely loving and caring for them both. That I can do well and with much patience.

Plate #3: Mom. The prettiest plate of all and with many awards. Taking Squirt to Pre-K, scheduling time with her, upcoming T-ball league, baths and fixing the forest of thick blond curls that fall down from her head. Then of course are the givens such as meals, getting dressed and a few moments of quiet cuddle times.

Plate #4: Wife. Supporting my husband who will graduate in just a few short months. Cheering him on for interviews for potential upcoming positions. Trying to line up a Graduation Party, Hotel rooms and golden tickets to all the friends and family who will be coming down for Graduation night.

Plate #5: Domestic Engineer. Sorry, I'm not a housewife but I do need to engineer home tasks and need a little help in delegating them. Taking down Christmas decorations is a starter. The normal things, laundry, beds, bathrooms, dishes, grocery shopping, paying bills, mowing lawns and feeding/caring/bathing pets. It's a never ending list and yes, it's true... nothing ever gets done all by itself. Nothing.

Plate #6: Housecleaning. Yes, I still clean two other homes during the week. They are the remnants of my old cleaning company and they are also friends. However, somethings have to go and I do have a girl to train this week and if all goes well - she can take over these positions. That will give me a few hours extra of home time.

Plate #7: Friend. I so need to get out with friends, I miss them. Luckily Tina is watching Katie on Tuesdays after school and I get to spend a little time with her on Tuesday evenings. We are all going to a wedding next weekend of two friends. Visiting Bloggy Buddies is also another thing missed and needing done.

Overall there are a few more minor plates to juggle around, but it's been really tricky lately and I've dropped a few. Blogging was one of them. However, this won't go on forever. Many things are changing on the horizon and I can see the sun sneaking up to a new kind of day.

Squirt will be in Kindergarten, Gon will be working at a fabulous job and I may return to teaching. We have three new prospective homes that we are considering moving into in the next few months. We want another baby this year if possible. Lots of good things.

The last five years of hard work, determination and steadfastness is finally coming to an end. It was well worth it!!

Until next time. -Margie

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:21 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Pribek said…

    There aren't many things is this world more entertaining than a good plate spinner.
    Where have all the good plate spinners gone?

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi Margie
    Pls try to post more than once in a week.
    I liked this post and esp the picture.
    How is your daughter?
    Hope you all are fine.
    Good day

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said…

    Sounds exciting to have so many good things just round the corner. Hang in there for these final difficult weeks. We'll keep a warm welcome here when you get the time to come by.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Sixty hours a week is a lot of time to spend caring for somebody. No wonder you are exhausted. The emotional drain is a hard as the physical one. Lets hope your dream for the future comes true.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are makin me tired! Just remember "this too shall pass..."

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aint being a mom fun?

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    I'm exhausted.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    you have my sympathy (and tea).

    well, maybe not the Tea...

    ... I can certainly relate to your 60 hr work-week (doing about 70 now, myself)...

    ... I think I mentioned before that I was an In-Home Care Giver at one point.

    I got your back.

    SMILE,you have good karme on the way...

    yup.

    B-)

    ------------------

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Me said…

    You are certainly missed.

    Just be sure to keep a smile on your face, when you can :)

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    Late visiting around myself, but you are thought of often. Try to take time for you. I know it's hard, but that's a plate you really need to keep up there. I still haven't made it to Savannah...heck, we haven't even made it to our place in Florida but twice since Fourth of July! Still have your number though and if and when, I'll give you a holler.

    Congratulations to Gon on his graduation and Katie will LOVE kindergarten!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    Late visiting around myself, but you are thought of often. Try to take time for you. I know it's hard, but that's a plate you really need to keep up there. I still haven't made it to Savannah...heck, we haven't even made it to our place in Florida but twice since Fourth of July! Still have your number though and if and when, I'll give you a holler.

    Congratulations to Gon on his graduation and Katie will LOVE kindergarten!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger MRL said…

    Miz Margie, if anyone can juggle the "plates" of life, it is you, dear lady! My son and DIL are going through the college thang at the same time. He will get his BS in Computer Science in 5/08 and she will have her fast tracked BS in Nursing in 12/08. It has been 5 long years for them. He to school at night, she to school during the day. Granny, me, and Papa, have been the child care and home run needs providers. We have enjoyed it most of the time. We retired to help raise our 3 grandchildren here in the metro Atlanta, GA area. I am getting too old for this but you just have to hang in there for the good of all concerned. You are the greatest and I wish you and your family the best life has to offer!
    Take care of yourself! Love and hugs, GA Peach

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises