Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Sugar and Spice Laboratory
Please forgive me for not blogging, I've been terribly sick over the last few days and could barely keep my head up for long. Summertime viruses must be the worst. My husband was a dear and stayed home from work Monday, the worst day of my illness, to help around the house and to keep an eye on Squirt.

All good things must come to an end as he went to the office yesterday for a few hours. I managed but for the life of me, I'll never know how single Mom's do it. Trying to lay down and get better while entertaining and keeping a 4-year old occupied is next to impossible.

Believe me, I tried everything. I figured she would be cool watching a movie or cartoon with me while I laid in bed, but five minutes later she was bored and wanted to go outside and play. She was restless and ended up flopping all over the bed, kicking me in the head a few times by accident hopping around.

Then I suggested, that since I was sick we could play Doctor and I'd be the patient. That worked out fairly well for about an hour. She would bring me tissues, check my fever, used an entire box of band-aids and stuck them all over me. I even convinced her to color me a "get well card" at the kitchen table but soon afterward she was bored again and I still had hours left to go before my husband was due home.

Lunchtime gave me another 15 minutes and then she wanted to help wash up dishes. Since there were only a few and I know she loves playing in the soapy dishpan while standing on her little stool - I figured why not let her. Sure, she'll get a little wet and I'd have to wash them again anyway - but if it kept her occupied, why not?

Squirt did very well actually, for a four year old - but later she came in with a big glass of "something" and demanded that I drink this concoction. I asked her what it was and she replied, "Sugar, Spice and everything nice."

Indeed it was, as I saw the undissolved sugar sitting on the bottom, what appeared to be lemon-pepper seasoning floating on top but it was the everything nice that really turned my already sick tummy. There was a mini carrot, a few grapes, strawberry syrup and a half-eaten string cheese thrown in soapy dish water.

"Drink it Momma. So I can have a baby sister to play with." she insisted. Thank heavens she didn't want a baby brother, for a glass full of snakes, snails and the puppy dog tails really would had made a dramatic scene.

I drank it, (so she thinks) and the rest of the afternoon was just as eventful as the morning. Today, I'm feeling a little bit better but I'm actually looking forward to going back to work - so I can get finally get some much needed rest.

UPDATE: Can't post because Comcast Internet is again being terrible - I'm now 99.999% sure that I am going to call Bell South for a package deal. I went to work, thought I'd do well but half way through broke out in a clammy cold sweat and needed to sit down. Still better, for at least I can sit down and not need to lay down - but still not good enough to be out working. Maybe tomorrow. =O(
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:10 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Comcast is fantastic isn't it? Best decision we've ever made, how about you?

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Doll!!

    Get better soon!
    Love
    Hanlie Koekemoer
    PS Darling read this frightening bit in my latest Koekie News - scroll down to CRIME ALERT:-
    http://bokkiebam.kwazulunatal.com/nuusbriewe/21

    Love ya
    Hanlie
    xxxOxxx
    PS How are your Hurricaines doing?

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Margie,

    Get better sweetie! Come on over to my blog and laugh a while. Laughter helps the healing process.

    Oh BTW, if you are having problems with cable, don't slow down with DSL. Instead, look into Verizon's FIOS technology or AT&T's UVerse. This is Fiber Optics. Because its new, they are practically giving it away and it is about 35 to 40% faster than traditional cable.

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Hi Hanlie,

    Trying to get better, but it's really got me good this time. Wow, SA crime is absolutely insane.

    The ANC needs to dissolve.

    Hurricanes doing well. Seems our entire gulf stream is over into the Atlantic bringing storms and rain over to the UK and drenching them terrible. We're in a drought, only getting drier winds from the west.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger SavRed said…

    Both kids have a bronchitis thingie, but since this is summer they are pressing on with camps, beach, working, etc.

    Wife is an allergy monster.

    All three of them get up every morning looking like they've been on a 3 day bender.

    Me, who actually has been on a three day bender--looks and feels as fresh as a daisy.

    They all hate me.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    so, you're saying...

    ... you DIDN'T drink it??

    oh, man.

    ME, I woulda went for it...

    yup.

    B-@

    ------

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises