Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Becoming that Kid
As a first time Mommy, I've taken great pains to protect Squirt from bad influences. From avoiding the little brat down the street to saying "No," to daycare facilities. It wasn't even that long ago that I swore up and down that she would either go to a prissy little private school or be home-schooled.

I think I've changed my mind.

Yesterday Squirt convinced me that she had become that kid that I didn't want her to be around. A little toddler girl was intrigued by a beaded necklace Squirt was wearing. As babies and toddlers often do, she couldn't take her eyes off of the necklace. Wanted to touch it, pull it and play with it. When all of the sudden, my Little Angel and symbol of all smiles, laughter and love whipped around and shouted, "I HATE YOU Baby. I really HATE YOU!"

I wanted to crawl under the nearest rock and hide. I was so embarrassed.

Then again, I should have seen it coming. The warning signs were there. Recently I tried to take a much needed half-hour nap and in doing so, created three hours of clean up for myself as Squirt trashed the entire kitchen and living room.

To think that I have been so fussy in not letting the little brat down the street come in to play - because I though she trashed Squirt's room and broke her toys. Especially since I know Squirt can do that all by herself.


Note the poor, abused and frightened cat in the bottom left corner stuffed in the drawer. Forced to stay, play and endure Bibbity Bobbity Boo Bashing upon his poor head.

A few weeks ago she enjoyed a week of Vacation Bible School and met a little boy named ironically "Little Johnny." Seems Little Johnny hit Squirt out on the playground and I had asked her, "What did you do?"

"I hit him right back," she confidently answered.

Maybe it's time to stop being so overprotective, Squirt seems to be able to hold her own quite well.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:36 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Sp she hit him right back. She will turn out well. Now you have to teach her to use some word other than hate.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    I agree with Dr. John. Time for a new word and a good old fashioned talking to about how serious the use of that word is.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    I don't know what to say. I have always a weaknness for children. My two boys were pampered and I was often thinking what to do for a good behavior. Now I can tell you that they never faiting, they love each other and now they are good fathers and husbands(35 and 30)( I know that all mothers think this way). But really- love , Mature love is the best method and best advice.
    Happiness and blessings be always with you and your family!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    She sounds perfectly normal. :-) And, with the love you give her, she'll turn out fine.

    BTW,you're tagged back!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Me said…

    There IS a cat in that picture :o

    Well, I'm suprised.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises