Friday, July 13, 2007
Sappy Songs Say So Much
WARNING: The following meme from Fly 'in Fox includes incredible sappy songs that carry with them emotional memories from my past. In no way should this post reflect upon my obscene and awesome taste in music as found on my MP3 player. These are merely songs that just happened, fell upon the moment - if you may:

#5 - "Babe" by Styx: It was the slow slog that was playing when I had my first official slow dance. With a real boy that I liked and who liked me right back. (Before this slow dancing was limited to standing ontop of my Great Grandpop's shoes.)

#4 - "Sad Eyes" by Robert John: Was the song that brought me to tears after this very first boyfriend dumped me and broke my heart.

#3 - "Can't Fight this Feeling" by REO Speedwagon: The Prom song, and it always brings back some cool High School Memories.

#2 - "Say You, Say Me" by Lionel Richie; Usually it is the GIRL in a relationship that picks "our song" but my ex-husband decided that this stupid song was the one and I hated it. He'd play it often and when it came on the radio tried his best to howl out some sort of heartfelt serenade. Just thinking about it is enough to make me toss up my French Fries.

#1 - "Amazed" by Lonestar: Unlike the previous song and alas, my previous marriage this song just sorta fell upon Gon and I when we first were dating. The lyrics just fit each moment and the magic of being in love. Today, seven odd years later - he still amazes me.

Now it's time to tag three Bloggy Peeps out there. Usually I don't do it, but need to do it because as Fly 'n Fox says, that's the fun in blogging. In fact, I'm backed up on Tags and Memes and have two others to post over the next few days.

Carlos, Regular Jo and Zoe.... you're it!

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:52 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Lianne Lopes said…

    I remember all those songs but the last (first?) one. Amazed. Don't know that one. But what a fun trip down memory lane. Can't Fight this Feeling reminds me of my first year in college. Didn't go with any particular guy in my life, but just seeing the title did bring back fond memories.

    Yes, I'm new to blogging. Had a blog site for awhile, but never posted much. Thanks for stopping by. :)

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Man these tunes bring back memories. Looks like I am going back into my MP3 Archive to pull them all out and listen to them again.

    Thanks for posting the MEME

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I don't remember any of those songs but then I don't remember much of any songs that wern't sung in church or by cowboys.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Wow! You tagged me, even though I haven't posted anything on my blog since April 2. Tell you what.... I'll work on the songs, and maybe start blogging again. Thanks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises