Friday, July 06, 2007
Friday Feasting Unplugged Style
Appetizer: Should I Friday Feast today? Sure but the kitchen is closed this week and the chef is off on vacation. Kind of sucks because I've been a bit too short on blog material brain farts for the last week or two and I need something to work with.

Soup: The news has been giving me quite a few interesting notions, but for those who know me here - I don't strive for political correctness. Take today's Live Earth concerts held all over the world under the Al Gore's Global Warming campaign. Here you have big jetliners flying bands and entertainers all over the world to different venues, to go on a brightly lit stage and plug in to some serious ampage. The energy used and the carbons emitted in this grand adventure may be enough to melt down a few more glaciers.

Salad: Fireworks are a staple of Independence Day celebrations. We were torn on where to go this year. Rumors have it that the show offered on Tybee Island would take 3 hours in stalled traffic to get there and back. Not to mention the lack of parking situation - the same problem that made us steer clear of the firework show offered in downtown Savannah. We decided to head in the opposite direction and check out the bangers over at Ft. Stewart.

A stray firework set off the entire inventory on the ground and the show ended early. A big disappointment to the spectators - but the 3rd ID "Explosive Ordinance Disposal Team" had some real life training as they rolled in to safely detonate the unexploded fireworks.

Main course: Discontented with working. Yup, that's my beef this Friday. I'm working, working and working from the moment I get up until the moment I lay down. In some instances this is good for it is keeping me away from smoking and helping me quit. On the other hand work is keeping me away from blogging and doing many of the things I like to do. Not to mention, I'm having "work" nightmares that are imposing on my sleep time. Sleep is my escape from work - at least it is supposed to be. But I seem to be working so much, I'm showing up naked with unbrushed teeth in public places. So not cool.

Dessert: Despite my working woes, I do have lots of good things happening in my life. I have a wonderful husband and a delightful daughter who never cease to keep life interesting. I don't have many local friends since moving to Savannah 10 years ago, plenty of acquaintances but have longed for a true best friend. Over the past few weeks I realized that I really did have one all along.

So let me take a moment to shout out to Tina, hopefully without embarrassing her. =O)

She has been a wonderful sitter for Squirt for a few years now and I am so thankful to have found such a caring, supportive and wonderful caretaker for my daughter. However, Tina's qualities do not end there. It's hard to find a best friend. One you can trust especially if you've been burnt so much by so many others in the past.

Naturally, if I could trust someone with the most precious part of my life - my daughter, I can surely trust her friendship. She is so awesome in so many ways and I'm so happy to have found her. I'm not so alone in this Big Ole Savannah anymore. Thanks Tina.

Happy Friday Everyone.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:55 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said…

    Margaret, thanks for stopping by 2nd Cup. This is my first visit here, and I'm enjoying it. Amen to the concert post. Great video, too. I'll be back.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I enjoyed the feast and thanks for the little fireworks display.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    I always love a good fireworks accidental mishap.


    yup.

    B-)

    -----

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises