Monday, March 19, 2007
Blast From the Past: "Hair Issues"

Hubby gave me this $50 Gift Certificate to a Beauty Salon for Christmas and has been nagging me about using it for the past few months. Today I had the afternoon off and figured, "Why not, it's Spring and time for a renewed hairdo!" So off I went nextdoor to Hubby's store-front office to get a trim and cover some grays.

Now keep in mind I did tell her - just a trim so I can still have the length and pull my hair up in a ponytail. I also told her to dye my hair the same color (Dark Ash Blonde) but she insisted that my hair needed a "stripping."

Turns out - this was the wrong thing to do as I had a bad reaction to the blue gunk that burned my scalp so bad, it would be 'best' for me to wait a few days before we do anything else to it's color.

I spent four hours this evening with Mayonaise on my hair smelling like a potato salad and now I'm sitting her writing this blog with a 1/2 bottle of Pantene Conditioner dripping all over my keyboard.

My issue? Besides looking like the Bride of "Heat Miser" - I'm torn between returning to the salon next door to the office where I work to fix this mess - or to have it repaired elsewhere and have to face the lady and explain why I didn't go back to her. (as if the reason isn't obvious!)

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 7:37 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I suppose since this is a blast from the past that telling you to go somewhere where they will listen to you would be a waste of time,

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    oh boy. Well... this IS a dilemma. I would be tempted to go back and MAKE them fix it - and free of charge too! But on the other hand... I would be tempted to NEVER go back again ... EVER! I'm NO HELP at all, huh?

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger MRL said…

    Miz Margie, you got to call your fluffy lawyer and ask him what to do about this terrible mishap. The shop should have checked you for an allergic reaction to the hair dye. If you go back, to this lady, insist that you be given all services for free. If your hair falls out, you can always be Mr. and Mrs. Clean until it grows out. A tip about hair coloring, mix 2 packs of sweet and low in the mixture and shake well. This stops the burning. Also, when you get your eyebrows waxed, don't know about other body areas, take a couple of Tums about 30 minutes before it is done. I got these tips from a Master Hairdresser. I always forget the Tums. Looks like you needed a shot of Tequila. Are you sure this person was sober who worked on your hair? I would be raising hell! I had a really bad perm one time, and I raised hell! They offered to re-do the perm-duh! It was so kinky, I looked like Orphan Annie for 6 months. You do look good in mayo, maybe a little mustard on the top would be stylish as well. Hugs, GA Peach

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Wow...that sure sucks! Surely you can get something good out of this mishap. I just ditched a barber because he thought he knew what I wanted....twice. Bastard!

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Me said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Oh my. Oh dear.

    This happened to me recently. In fact I might also have a picture of the disaster.. let me see.. ah yes, here we go.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    Wow that really sucks. I remember once asking for my hair to be dyed a natural red color and ending up with PINK hair!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jayne d'Arcy said…

    There would be no way I'd go back. Go someplace you trust.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    I have stripped my own hair before, and was ok. There are so many products to use!! It takes 24 hours for an allergy test, so wherever you go next, tell them you had a reaction, and that you want a skin test 24 hours prior to your appt. If they won't comply, go someplace else.

    I need to have mine died to match, too. I am not looking forward to it.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger SavRed said…

    Mayonnaise? I would have rather shaved it all off, started over, and picked up a blonde wig until it grew back.

    I mean, if I were a girl.

    Heh.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises