Thursday, March 15, 2007
T13: Things Needing Done
Spring is almost here and there are quite a few things I need to get busy on before it gets here. A little spring cleaning if you may. I don't have the energy needed to get down and dirty with a good many of these but they got to get done... somehow and soon.

1. File our Federal and State Income Taxes. I don't know why I keep putting this off, it's not like we owe anything, in fact we always get a refund of some sort. Maybe next week?

2. Squirts Closet. This never has been her closet although it's in her room. It has been Daddy's computer and parts storage. He has had the office for almost 2 years now and it is about time that we bring the junk down there. Plus Squirt can use a place to put her things and clothes.

3. Weeding/Mulching Gardens. The bulbs are popping up now and it's time to get a head start on these before they get too awful bad. Time to get dirty!

4. Wash Convertible Yuppy Pony Inside/Out. We haven't drove this car in a few months and we have to make sure it even starts. It is full of the Husbands lunch bags, napkins, coffee cups, college paperwork and lots of other unsightly things. With spring in the air it's time for a nice ride with the top down, but not if we're going to have a bunch of trash flying out of it.

5. Window Treatments. Time to wash the windows around the house and launder the curtains and put new, spring and summer styles up. I also need to stop at Wally World for a few new mini-blinds but I think I'm going to instead buy those room darkening shades. Mini Blinds are terrible to clean.

6. Fans. Speaking of cleaning, it's time to put some Clorox Clean Up to our window and house fans. Ceiling Fan too. I don't know how they do it, but they seem to collect dust bunnies and air boogers over the wintertime.

7. New Floor. Our bedroom sorely needs a new floor put in and new carpet. Seriously, I think we'll fall through it if we don't do something soon.

8. Back Deck. While we're doing the bedroom floor might as well buy the lumber and put on a new back porch or small deck. We've had these creaky, uneven neck breaker steps there since we've moved in. It would be nice to have a little something.

9. Painting. I've been wanting to paint our bathroom for awhile but haven't made the time.

10. Sewing. I bought material and patterns for four different style sundresses for the summertime and only started to make one. Now would be the perfect time to make these.

11. Playhouse Floor. Squirt has a playhouse out back and the doggies decided to get inside of it and dig to China. We need to pick this up ... level it back out and find some sort of way to put a floor in there so they don't do it again. I also want to run electricity out to it so she can play in it during the summer evenings when we sit outside.

12. Shave my Legs. Oh, leave me alone already. I know I'm not the only woman who neglects this chore during the winter months. Today I threw on a pair of shorts and felt like a Sasquatch!

13. Baseboards. I should also move the furniture around and get behind and under it all with the vacuum cleaner. But you know what, I bet I won't bother doing it. I'll just think about it, hows that sound?

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:08 AM  
16 Comments:
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    Well this year we have a few extra days for taxes. Due to a holiday in DC, we actually have until the 18th to file. I have to do my house fans also, gotta love swiffer dusters for that messy job!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    Oops! We have until the 17th to file. My mom works for HR Block and she has to work until the 18th. Don't want to mess up that date!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    I did my taxes last week...and just got my return this morning in my bank account...what a nice feeling!

    And no you aren't the only one who neglect the legs during the winter...just to ease your mind!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    P.S. My TT is up...come on over!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    I love your header/footer. I am an eeyore fan.
    I hope that you get everything on your list done. You will be very busy.
    I was just thinking of spring cleaning because we had some snow melt the past week. Today we are in a full out snow storm so I put it all on the back burner. The children are giddy and we are going to go out later to build more snowmen and go sledding.
    Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
    My TT is posted.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Happy TT'ing!
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree I love the look of your blog.

    Happy TT

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Hadn't thought of shaving my legs as a spring task, but since I did that today, I'll count it! Thanks.

    My TT is up.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    I have the leg thing too. LOL
    I too have to file my taxes. The other thing I want to do is sort through Little Princess's toys.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    That looks a lot like our list Margie. I think we're going to file for a tax filing extension thow, so I can strike that one for now.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    I got my taxes in last week too. Unfortunately, the check is already half spent...

    Happy TT.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Carina said…

    Awww man! Now I'm feeling lazy. I'll have to stop blogging and start cleaning. Thanks! =)

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I suspect you will get one done and 12. The others I don't see you doing 9,
    11, or 8.

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger MRL said…

    Miz Margie, you is a busy lady. I like making lists and setting up agendas for my days, however, I always get sidetracked. When you gets done with your chores, come on up to Nawth GA and give me a helping hand with mine, please. Should I breathe normally, or hold my breath?I could not sleep tonight just thinking about your spring cleaning list. Nah, I just got involved in a book! It's a book about how to clean everything. I found for a $l.00 at KMart in their "impluse" buying checkout line. I should be able to tackle any cleaning job now or later ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Hugs, GA Peach

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Can we see pictures of the lethal bedroom carpeting please?

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    Thats a long list. I will have to do the leg thing too. The taxes Dr John does but the cleaning I will have to. There will be much to do with the new house and the moving.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    :)You are awiting for the spring ,due to unbearable heat I am awaiting for the winter here :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises