Monday, January 08, 2007
The Trailer Park Herald
AUSTIN, Texas - Tucked amid $600,000 condominiums in this tony neighborhood is a mobile-home community of self-described "bourgeoisie bohemians" so popular there is a waiting list of people ready snap up any site that comes open.

Actor Matthew McConaughey has a spot, although he is not around often. The rest of the Pecan Grove Park's residents include artists, counselors, an attorney and a software developer. They live here year-round or seasonally in 40-60 foot mobile homes and Airstreams.

Some have moved out of big homes to join the community and rent sites that cost up to $370 a month, and they don't regret it for one minute, Pecan Grove manager Robert McCartney said. "Some residents come and go because they work in multiple cities. Some would rather pursue pastimes such as traveling or rock climbing than spend time and money on a house."

Well Hello? It's what I've been saying for months. There is nothing as great as living in a home that you can drive away or take with you. I've been at both ends as I once had the house with the monthly mortgage as well as the apartment dwelling nightmares. It is terrible to spend all of that money on something so fixed or renting a place that will never be yours.

The freedoms of a mobile-home are great and the expenses small. If you don't like your new neighbors just move a few lots away or miles away. Plug yourself into the nearest utility pole, hook up to the hose and drop the shit pipe. That's all there is to it!

30 year monthly payments of $1800 or more isn't living. Heck, I'll be almost 70 by then and I don't want to work that hard for a simple roof over my head that could burn down or blow off whenever the weather permits. $370 a month and I'm going to be traveling, living and enjoying the finer things in life. Who wants to "stay" home all of the time? Not me.

Trailer Parks are so cool and now we're having rich people moving in!

Oh crap, now there goes the neighborhood.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:19 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mobile home living is actually starting to get quite expensive here. The homes cost a lot and the people in them have to pay city taxes on the home and the property..

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    In India we could never think of mobile homes

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Melli said…

    ROFL! Ahhhhh... well! When McConaughey moves in, you just put yourself in charge of Mobile Homeowners Association and make sure he follows ALL the covenants!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Melli said…

    OH! I meant to tell you too -- I made your soup the night before last! (I doubled the recipe of course, for MY family) But I didn't call it minestrone -- I called it Pepperoni Soup - and they LOVED it! I also added some Barley to it -- just to add a little more fiber... And... I ate it... but I picked out all the pepperoni's -- but it was still a little too "spicey" for me. So last night when they ate the leftovers, I ate Butternut Squash soup! YUM! Thanks for the share though -- My FAMILY thanks you!!!

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    I love my little trailer (even though I need to redo the bathroom floor and replace the carpet in the living room). When we move, we are taking it with us. We want to get ten acres. In our county, you have must have five acres to "build" on out in the country so I'd have to have 10 to take my little trailer.

    Funny thing is that we paid $5000 for it and it was almost completely remodeled inside - new fridge, new stove, new ice box, new light fixtures...new tile.. We had it assessed and this year my property tax is $50. They assessed it as worth $500 because it was made in 1982. LOL

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Margie, I have actually had a secret desire for a few years to move into a mobile home, or a manufactured home. I hear there are some pretty nice ones these days. And as you pointed out, I would have a heck of alot more spending money! And if I could have someone like Matthew McConaughey living next door.... Vavavooooommmmm!

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Dang...I live so close, yet I've heard nothing about this trailer park to the stars. What give? :-)

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I didn't realise trailers could look so nice ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises