Saturday, December 30, 2006
Twas just after Christmas
Twas just after Christmas and all through the house
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
at the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
the gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
and the way I'd never said, "no thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---

I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend the winter disguised as a man!"
So -- away with the last of the sour creme dip,
get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Til all of the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie - not even a lick,
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, corn bread or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all and to all a good DIET!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:26 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    What a horrible thing to post when I have a great New Year's feast coming up. Carrots will just have to wait. We have fondue and a chocolate fountain. The eating has just begun.

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    LOL. Funny you should post about this! I've been extremely conscious about my weight so far this season. I hopped on the scale this morning and am only up 3lbs from my "normal" weight. Woo hoo!

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    Happy New Year, Margie! Y'all have any plans? Maybe next year we can meet up somewhere in Savannah ;-) and party the night away.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    Im back, see you next year.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When did you grow a beard?

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great post! I am up 5 lbs from christmas but I am ready to get back at this and get it under control.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises