Friday, December 29, 2006
He Loves Me. He Loves Me Not.
While straightening up my living room this afternoon I came across a busted up Santa figurine on top of our Entertainment Center. I found it very odd that a ceramic figurine would just crumble all on its own. In the very safe and same spot that I placed it while decorating for Christmas a few weeks ago.

It could have, if given the physics and science of temperature changes. Maybe it had gotten wet somehow and the bottom just gave away. Perhaps this was a dirty deed done by the Underpants and Missing Sock Gnomes that live in my laundry room. There is also the chance that we jammed out a little too loudly to music last weekend and the vibrations of the Sub-woofer directly beneath it had a part in Santa's demise.

Nahhhhhhh!

Now it couldnt' have been Katie, for she loves to bring things that accidentally fall and break to me for repair. She knows that Mommy's talents are equal to all the Kings Horses and all the Kings Men and with Glue of some sort - I can piece things together again. (Well... most things.) She also doesn't have a reason to lie or to hide an accidental "Oops!" I'm not one to blow my top over such trivial matters. Sure, I may be a little disappointed and sigh a grieved "Awwww. What happened?" But that is the extent of my emotions.

The Husband, however has been conditioned quite a bit differently. So much so, that I know he did do it. Not on purpose mind you, but I can just see how the entire situation went down. He accidentally knocks it over. It falls and breaks. Then he starts worrying over what to do about it. Asking himself, "What if this is sentimental to Margie and she'll start crying like crazy?" and "She could get angry and make me sleep on the sofa!"

So in his anxiety, he places the smashed Santa back on the Entertainment center in hopes I won't notice right away. Not even thinking that when I did notice that I'll be standing their bewildered, confused and left scratching my head in wonder. That the entire impossibility of Santa crumbling all on it's own would taunt my very intelligence for the whole afternoon.

So He did.


Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:23 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    wrap santa up and give him to hubby for Christmas next year... nah, he won't even remember! :-)

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    I think you're just too smart for him! He should have known that you would figure it out.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Happy new year :):)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises