Saturday, January 13, 2007
Sampling Savannah
Loved One's Story: "The police of Chatham County were conducting a study sampling the total population. I was merely a specimen of so called sampling. Just as your Doctor may require you to give the lab technician a blood sample so he can determine what is good and bad within your body. The same thing, only this was an instance of the policemen, sampling people from the streets of Savannah and bringing them into jail to determine what is good and bad within Savannah."

My Reply: "Bologna!"

So would 'ya all like to know how my evening went last night? Yeah, I thought not but I'm going to rant about it anyway.

A Loved One was pulled over about 3pm yesterday afternoon because their tag was expired and called me on the cellphone. "Just be nice to the policeman and let's hope he lets you go with a warning. Make up something. Say you forgot. Do your thing."

"But Margie?" he pleaded. "I have a ticket from a few months ago for running a red light that I didn't pay. I'm screwed."

"Yup, your screwed alright." I replied. "Call me when they're ready to haul you away, I'll come get the car."

I never been through such an experience before, sitting in any detention center of any sort, but it was very enlightening. I sat with others; wives, sisters, parents, friends and even a Grandmomma and heard all of their stories.

A big hoop hurray for Chief Berkow and the Savannah Police Department for their crime efforts. Not only have I noticed an increase in police presence, I sampled it.

It's taste; bittersweet.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:37 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa! That's a crazy experience... you seemed to handle that pretty well though =)

    Mahalo,
    Sahar.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes, what a way to spend an evening. But... you have to admit that the 'sampling' story is just lame enough to be funny.

    Cheers,
    Neska

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    hi Margie
    Thank you.

    God day :):)

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    I almost fell victim to that same "random sampling" during the 1995 St. Patrick's Day celebration at the river there in Savannah.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    LOL.... sorry you had such a rough night, Margie, but I can't help laughing. Poor you... and even poorer hubby when you get through with him! I loved his "explanation"... yeah, right. Hey... did you take notes of all the stories during your waiting time? I can always use new ideas for stories ;-)

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Poor Jon...hey, the website is up...you know...the one. See my blog because I don't want anyone to think I am trying to spam you. LOL

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is really funny is that he can't even blame not paying his ticket on not having any money--- most places allow payment plans. lemme guess, he was too busy? I made darn sure I payed my ticket on time! they are very picky about it here, lol!

    I think making the significant others wait for a few hours is a great idea! keeps the jail population down, lol!

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Butchie said…

    Oh, Margie. It's probably better if I just don't say anything.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a crappy way to spend an evening. You should have left him overnight, ha,ha..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises