Monday, September 11, 2006
Born on September 11th
Today marks the 39th anniversary when I came kicking and screaming into this world. I have been thinking a great deal about just what to write about for my birthday. With every passing year it seems like I am sure of less and less, seeing more shades of gray in the world. Today I know that I do not need to have all the answers.

Today I know that the right answers for me can be the wrong answers to somebody else.

Today I know that while I may cast light upon one - at the same time I will cast a shadow upon another.

Today I know not to allow bad peeps to write history nor to define our future.

Today I know there are parts in my life I need to take back as well as parts I need to forgive and set free.

Truth have it, I am having a very tough time writing this obligatory Birthday Post. I feel guilty celebrating it and I feel so selfish complaining when so many lost so much more. If I could have one wish today when I blow out my candles, it would be that we could remember September 11th as the date that brought peeps together and not a day that tore the world apart.

I suspect there comes a time in everyones life when their Birthday isn't fun anymore. When another candle only means another gray hair, wrinkle or medical problem and a year passed held more Goodbyes than Hellos. Today just so happens to be that time I wished would never come.

But don't worry, I'll be back to my old self tomorrow.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:32 AM  
12 Comments:
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    (((hugs))) Happy Birthday, Margie.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Do NOT feel guilty that your birthday falls on September 11th. If anything, do your best to feel honor and pride that you share your birthday with the second "shot heard round the world"...and I am not talking about the planes hitting the towers. I am talking about the shot of patriotism and togetherness our country experienced.

    HAPPY birthday - not guilty birthday.

    Love you!

    me

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lizza said…

    Happy birthday!

    Came to your blog via a post by Ghostrose. Worlds may have been torn apart this day five years ago, but people came together in unexpected ways too.

    Wishing you a great birthday.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday! I'm 39 too..but I beat you only by a couple months.

    I loved your positive outlook on the Sept 11 tragedy (It's the day people came together....) What a great way of seeing it!

    Today my thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives that day. I think of how empty they must feel and to see it all replayed on television and in the news would be just like living it all over again. Still, there are those that may find comfort in knowing that others remember with them. However they are spending their day I hope they find peace and comfort.

    And the same goes for you...I hope your birthday is a good one. I hope you find yourself with lots of nice surprises! Keep your chin up, girl - 39 isn't so bad! At least it's not 40 (YET!) haha

    Happy Birthday! Enjoy yourself.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found your link through my hubbys blog at www.valtool.blogspot.com

    Happy Birthday! FEel free to share your thoughts on my site as I am collecting peoples reactions and emotions today...its comforting to know how other people remember the day!

    once again, happy bday!
    amy

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Happy Birthday to you, that is a nice positive way to look at the day. Don't know if this'll help, but I'm in the September birthday boat as well (29.)

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    Margie,
    As my wise father tells me---no matter how many birthdays you celebrate and how old you may feel--it's much better than the alternative! ;)

    Celebrate your life! As far as the unfortunate anniversary, your pals above have already said it: celebrate that it was also a day that the nation pulled together.
    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Happy Birthday champ!

    Stay sexy.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hey Girly!

    Happy birthday to YOUUUU! And I will tell you, from the position of almost 46 that I truly didn't come into my own until I was at least 40. The last five years have been ones of immeasurable growth for me and I am a happier person in my own skin today than I was at 40.

    So, the best REALLY IS yet to come!

    Your bloggy buddy,
    Snark-o-rama

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Rose Ghost said…

    Happy birthday! I posted my review of your blog before you posted this - I had no idea it was your birthday. How weird is that?

    Hope you had a great one anyway. :-)

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Okay....I'm late. So sue me! Happy birthday! You're the 11th, I'm the 12th. What a nice coincidence. Hope you had a great one Margie!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises