Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Robotic Frisbees of Death
Thank you Jesus!! Now I know I'm not going crazy. See, I live across the river and marshland from Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah, GA and have been experiencing some crazy shit. But wouldn't you know, I'm always alone and by the time I come in and get Jon or someone to come take a look see, it disappears.

As some of you know I am addicted to the evil draw of cigarettes. Marlboro Ultra Lights 100's to be exact. Anyhoo, I take many trips out to the front porch or back yard for my getaway nic fix and more than often it is at night. About two years ago I was sitting on our front porch late one evening when I first heard a very strange noise overhead.

The noise was a cross between a weed-wacker and an electric mixer. Since it was coming from above I got up and walked out on my lawn to look up and there it was. No kidding, there it was - a flying saucer buzzing about 30 feet above with two little green LCD lights and one red LCD light on it's bottom-side. I'd have to guesstimate it was about 5-6 foot in diameter. Either way, there it was - this UFO hovering above me and my home scoping stuff out.

Of course I was immediately freaked but I knew immediately it was the US Government and not a case of Little Green Men. I told Jon about it and he accused me of "seeing things." It was quite a few months after than when it happened again for a couple of nights straight.

Then just this last March when our Buddy ole' Pal Patrick came down to visit - I could hear the thing buzzing next door. I told Patrick, "That's just those little flying saucers they are testing from over there on the base." I knew, just by his expression and outburst of silence - he thought I was drunk and out of my gourd.

Well, sure I was lit, it was St. Patty's day, I was drunk but I wasn't kidding. Finally today there is an answer!! While surfing in our local newspaper forum I found out I wasn't the only one and here is the all the information I need to vindicate my UFO experiences:

"It ain't easy, picking out evil-doers in the urban canyons of the Middle East; there are so many places to hide. Taking 'em out can be even harder, what with all those noncombatants hanging nearby. But the Air Force thinks it might have an answer to this most vexing problem in counter-insurgency: frisbees. Not just any frisbees, mind you. Robotic frisbees. Heavily armed robotic frisbees."

For the record I want to let our military personnel know that I'm not cool with this. Not only because of the fact there may be a bunker busting WMD hovering over my family and home. Not even because of the spy capabilities. But because I could have been straight-jacketed and tossed in a padded room because Peeps thought I was crazy and seeing shit!! Next time I spy one out buzzing overhead, I'm going to do what any Southern Redneck chick would do....

I'm gonna run in and grab my 12 gauge rifle and play some SKEET with your high priced toy!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:11 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    ( i am the first )
    I have also seen flying saucers not in the sky;but in the kitchen when some fight happens there

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger SJ said…

    But it's more fun if it's flying saucers!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's craziness! They should have warned you!!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Ecumene said…

    Here in Europe we hear that
    Many Americans believe in Aliens
    and Flying Saucers...

    Why Aliens prefer USA?...

    :)

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    I just found your blog today and fell instantly in love with it! Love the Steve Irwin cartoon. I think he would have liked it!!

    Cheers,

    ~ Angela

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    When B52 bombers can't do the job, we call in the black frisbees of death. Why they gotta be black? Are they tryin' to say blacks are violent people by nature?!? Racists!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Woozie: Although it was night, I wouldn't say the things were black. Some sites that I have come across show them as white. They have to camoflage them somehow for day use I would think. Oh well, I'm sure in a few years "fly on the wall" may have a total new meaning.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase; you aint from around here.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    What is the fine for government saucer shooting? Is it considered an act of terror?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises