Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Channel Changers

While driving in my car there are songs played over the radio that either make me change the channel quickly or crank the volume to the max. This Thursday, I am going to play tribute to the channel changers.

1) Karma Kameleon, Culture Club. It's not that Boy George sniffs snow or the fact that he is currently serving time working for the sanitation department of New York City. This song is one of those songs that get in your head and never leave! In fact just mentioning it here makes my head sing.

2) Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin. I love the song, don't get me wrong. But it's been played so often and over and over again, it does nothing for me anymore. I get that "been there, done that" kind of vibe.

3) Sky Pilot, The Animals. It's a looooonnnnng song, in fact in the middle of it, you think it is another song but the lyrics are the same as the last 2 songs you've heard. All the rifts, all the drags - just listening to it makes you hallucinate.

4) Relax, Frankie Goes to Hollywood (George Michael). A song about relaxing your sphincter muscles and enjoying anal sex just isn't something I can actually drive to. I might crash into something.

5) Fast Car, Tracy Chapman. She sings about a Fast Car but doesn't sound thrilled about it. As a matter of fact, just listening to this song while driving - you'll soon find you are holding up traffic and driving like a Granny.

6) Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Michael Jackson. Yet another sphincter song, but Jackson likes it rough. The lyrics make my ass cheeks clench, my back spasm and before you know it I'll have whiplash.

7) Maneater, Hall & Oates. A sure channel changer. It makes me feel they are singing about me, then I think about where I am driving to and who I may chew up when I get there.

8) What's Up Pussycat, Tom Jones. No matter how many times I've tried, I can't take my under-panties off while driving at the same time.

9) I Want It That Way, Backstreet Boys. Yeah, you guessed it another sphincter song, except this one gives me the urge to pinch a loaf.

10) Sailing, Christopher Cross. A great song, but not while driving. Makes me fall asleep at the wheel with all of those relaxing ocean sounds. Makes me wanna pee too!

11) Rappers Delight, Sugar Hill. I know the song by heart, I do like it - but while sitting at a red light I keep getting those weird stares because my head is bobbing around like a chicken.

12) Like A Virgin, Madonna. A big time Sphincter song, I just know it. Because any other opening on her body has got to feel like throwing a hot-dog down a hallway.

13) Barbie Girl, Aqua. While singing it I get this feeling like I just huffed-helium and need to stop at Mickey D's for a Happy Meal because the toy is cool.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:41 PM  
36 Comments:
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Pixie said…

    Would you believe that up until like the last year or two I did not know what "Relax" was really about?? And what's even funnier is as soon as I learned the message in this song; I recall how my Mom would sing it whenever it came on the radio and fell on the floor laughing. I have not taken the time to let her in on this & last time we were in town she was in the kitchen listening to the radio & wanna guess what it was playing???

    That was a trip of a list! Thanks for stopping by mine. :-)

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Interesting list! I like the Backstreet Boys and that song in particular. They made some good music. Brian Littrell is making some good Christian music on his own now, he is pretty good! My list is up!

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    Great list!

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    hahahah that's too funny! Yeah, I remember all those "Frankie say RELAX" tshirts! AH! The 80s! Good times.

    (although the MJ song is so danceable!)

    Thanks for stopping by my 13! I couldn't be a GYN either!

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Lyn said…

    Must be near my age...a few weeks ago I had 1981 songs from HS...lol,
    Great list, my T13 is up at FBO - Bible Misquotes Edition.

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang girl....now I've got that darn song Charma Chameleon STUCK in my head! LOL

    Great list!! I've been thinking of starting a Monday Music meme thing...just to get some of these type of songs OUT of my brain. I don't think it would help tho. =o) Oh, and up until now, I never knew what Relax was all about. Ewww!

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Natsthename said…

    We have quite a few overlapping channel changers, but I let "Stairway TO Heaven" go on AND I sing along at the top of my lungs. Can't help it. I'm a 70's gal!

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger armywife said…

    i think that sounds like the makings of a great mixed cd

    i've posted too at
    http://blog.myspace.com/christengarland

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm so tired of the BackStreet Boys!
    HaHa! LOL!OK now I have What's up PussyCat in my head!Thankyou!
    Have a great Thursday!

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Wherever did you find that video? Yikes! Now I'll never get that song out of my head!!!!

    My T13 is up!

     
  • At 3:01 AM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    My T13 is up.
    good song list and the commentary on them was great..lol
    ^5

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger Crayonsetc said…

    Why does it seem most of those are from the 80's or early 90's :) Happy TT!

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list. :) Love your commentary on the songs. You're right a lot of them are good songs but they've either been played too much or just aren't good when you are driving in your car.

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Karma Kameleon, stairway to heaven, maneater and like a virgin LOL....

    #13 is so funny!! i do like to buy Happy meal because they have cool toys too!! hahaha

    Happy Thursday! mine is up

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always knew Boy George, George Michael, and Michael Jackson...well never mind. Let's just say I think they might make great buddies.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Ugh! Stairway to ... way to long and whiny...heaven.

    Great list!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    "Carmen" Kamelion is my song! :)

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oohhh...i absolutely hate Aqua. grrr! and that backstreet boys song is too much to take.

    your list is amusing. my 13's up!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, those are some pretty awful songs! I'd have to agree with you on most of them, and the others...I'll take your word for it because I haven't heard them.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    I only recognized one of those songs - Tom Jones "What's Up, Pussycat?". I don't listen to those songs anymore -it's talk radio for me. :)

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said…

    #8?!!!!!!!!! I'm literally laughing my arse off here!! What a hoot.

    Happy Thursday

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    omg... never heard the barbie girl song before... yes, it is annoying and the video you posted is silly!
    i'm an 80's girl so i would keep on all the 80's songs... just for the memories it brings back!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list, a lot of these really irk me too. In particular Karma Kameleon (great, now that stupid thing is playing in my head) and Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. That song really irritates me, really really bad! :)

    Have a wonderful day, my T13 is up too!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger The Tempest said…

    Hiya! This is my first round with the 13.

    I have agree with you on most of those songs. I'm a radical channel surfer.

    Oh but the commericals? THOSE get me faster than anything else!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Changed by His Love said…

    We listen to the radio in our office and Karma Kameleon was the reason we had to change channels! :)
    My TT is up!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said…

    Ohh I love all of these - and I channel hop too

    I played

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok I know all these songs and loved them when I was in school! Haven't heard them in a while though.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops that was me above!

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok... one more time!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    lmao!!! Yea - I would have to agree with you on most of those too! I'm a serious channel changer - ESPECIALLY in the car. What is that about anyway? =)

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd like to add one...

    "Jesus Take the Wheel"

    It obnoxious and after a chorus your ready to let go of the wheel.

    Great... I got "Relax" stick in my head!

    Wrongblog's TT is Up! Erica Worte it this week!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that your husband "Gon" dancing around in the background? What's he been smoking?

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    OMG!! He does sort of resemble Jon doesn't he? Thanks for pointing that out. -Margie

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list! Whenever I hear Backstreet Boys song, I Want it That Way, I always thing of Weird Al and his Ebay song. Love that one! Happy T13.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on every single one of these songs. I would add Kokomo and Don't Worry, Be Happy to the list as well.

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That list had me laughing and in stiches here (and I am at work). You are soo old school if these songs mean anything to you, "Rappers delight" dang once I get home going to listen to that agin, have not heard it in ages.

    Good list.

    Suby

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises