Friday, May 26, 2006
Attention all Sushi Lovers!
Okay, okay, okay. I will come right out and admit it: I was the type who wouldn't even try Sushi and knocked it without ever even giving it a try. What ever was I thinking?

Oh alright, I know what I was thinking:

"Eeeew, raw fish!"

"Double yuk on the seaweed."

"What the... ouch... what is that green stuff?!!!"

After caving and trying a few varieties last week, I will fully admit I am hooked. So hooked that I craved it all week until tonight and just went out to pick up a take-out order of Boston Roll, Philly Roll and Rainbow Roll. I LOVE them all!!!

So here's a question to all Sushi lovers out there in the Blogosphere; "Do you have any suggestions? Am I being biased towards trying any made out of "eel" or am I missing something great? What in the world is Sashimi?"

Stop holding out and give me the 4-1-1 already! Thanks!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:52 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger (somewhat) happy camper said…

    I don't know you, but I came across your site while browsing blogger. I've yet to get my site up and running. I had to comment though, that if you are a sushi fan, you should DEFINITELY try eel. It's the best of all of them, so moist and tasty! (I was like you a couple of months ago, then my roommate dragged me to a sushi place in her hometown.) So yeah, definitely go with the eel. You don't know what your missing until you do. Make sense? Oh, and I love the site by the way!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    Hi! Well, I thought sashimi was tuna but checked on Wiki before I gave you wrong info.
    I'm glad as I was mistaken!
    It can be tuna or other finely sliced, very fresh, raw fish.
    Apparently it can be served with wasabi and soy sauce (the wasabi would kill any harmful bacteria) so it sounds good to me but I have to admit I have not tried it yet.
    I LOVE California rolls but I have to venture out a bit more!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger overactive-imagination said…

    Like you, I also recently discovered sushi. One of my readers also told me that I should definitely try something made with eel but I haven't made that leap yet, I guess I am still afraid as eel just doesn't sound good to me.
    I LOVE the california rolls. If you like crab legs, you will probably like it too. It is crab leg (cooked) cucumber and avocado. It's really good!
    What is in the rolls you mentioned. Maybe I will give them a try.
    Dawn

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I don't know if I'd like the Sashimi, but I'll try it... once!

    California rolls are good, I had these before. They seemed to be safe with the cooked crab. The Boston Roll has crab, shrimp and cucumber and the Philadelphia Roll has Salmon, cream cheese and masago. The Rainbow Roll is Tamago, avocado and masago - also very good.

    I think I'll be daring and venture out into "Tuna Roll" and Hamachi Roll (Yellowtail fish) and ease into the Eel. Yup.. I'm still queasy on the eel notion. Hehe.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises