Sunday, September 30, 2007
Margie Unplugged, "It's October!"
From now until New Year's Day, this is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather, the sun going down earlier and of course, decorating. That is what we have been busy doing all weekend.

Although it's a little too early for pumpkin carving we let Squirt have at it with one of the pumpkins we had bought today. Notice the "Wooooo hoooo" Ghost tree behind her.


But of course we live in a mobile home and what would Halloween be without a gargantuan Trailer Park light up plastic pumpkin?


Or perhaps a drunken fly by Witch who crash landed in my side garden.


We had a ball decorating our main front garden also. Yes, those are upside down Coca-Cola bottles for edging - I'm in the process of lining all of my gardens with these. For of course, we must stick with the trailer park theme throughout the entire year.


We also spooked out our Norwood Pine for the festive spooky season.


Remember those "Whoooo Hoooo" Ghosts flying in that there mutant redbud bush/tree?


Can anyone guess what they are made out of?


It all Depends! Mr. & Mrs. IOH accidentally purchased the wrong kind of protective undergarments. They were supposed to buy the easy Pull-up just like big kids pants kind but got stuck with these gargantuan diapers from hell instead. They told me to find someone who may need them and I couldn't. They've been in the back of my SUV for over two months now.


As I was about to throw the package away I noticed that upside down they kind of looked like "Woooo Hooo" Ghosts. So with a little imagination, a Sharpie Marker and some string we landed 20 giant brand new "Wooooo Hoooo" Ghosts.

Keeping with the trailer park theme, 'ya know. It's kind of cool if you think about it. For there is no way on God's green earth that I would be able to get away with hanging adult diapers in a tree if I lived within a gated community.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:19 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    this post just made my day! You make your yard and home look so darn cute! When I had my trailer, we put up wallpaper over that horrid trailer paneling. It looked totally swank! :D

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Your trailer park halloween, for the win! Love it.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Margie,

    Great Pics. I have to get my brood ready for Halloween now.

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger bettygram said…

    I made the right guess on the ghost, perhaps because I also have a bag of those left and don't know what to do with them. Great recycling.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Trailer Park living does have some advantages at that. Great pictures.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises