Saturday, June 02, 2007
Welcome to Savannah. What would you like to drink?
"Welcome to Savannah. What would you like to drink?"

I've read this somewhere but for the life of me I can't remember from where. I'm suspecting the phrase came from the "book." Not necessarily a good book nor is it an evil. Perhaps better explained as that millisecond just before the clock chimes midnight. When it is considered to be the middle of the night, yet at the same time the beginning of a new day.

Confused yet? Good. That was my intention.

Anyhoo, I've been tagged by a fellow Savannah blogger Chris with an opportunity to let my creativity flow with this "Starbucker Meme".

--------------

1. How full is your glass? Just below half full.

2. What kind of glass is it? Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary 14 oz. tumbler .

3. What's in the glass? Root Beer.

4. Reason for #1, #2 and #3.

I surmise it is just below half full because I've been drinking it. In fact... (slurp, slurp, slurp) ...now my glass is empty, besides for a few hot and bothered ice cubes tinkling on the bottom.

Time for a refill.

I often use one of these glasses of a set of four - because they are just the right size. Any bigger and the Root Beer would be watered down and have lost it's fizziness by the time I get down to the last drop. Any smaller and there would not be enough.

I also must mention that these glasses are so thick they are almost impossible to break. Sure, if I went outside and slammed dunked the glass on the hard concrete walk it may crack. Although with my luck it may instead bounce up and smack me right in the forehead. Either way, for a klutz like me - these glasses are perfect.

Now why Root Beer? It could be the crisp taste of Sarsaparilla. Maybe it is the smooth way it blends well with vanilla bean ice cream. However, I suspect Root Beer reminds me of that summer day at a family BarBQ when my Mother allowed me to have a cup of soda for the first time ever. It was an A&W Root Beer with that Frosty Mug taste and I haven't been able to put it down since.

Usually I don't tag other bloggers, but in the spirit of fun I tag the following:

Savannah Red
Georgia Peach Slices and
Deepak the Great. (Who is addicted to tea.)

-------------------------

(Blog my Dust!)

Labels: ,

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:46 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Root Beer's good stuff. Right behind Dr. Pepper in my book!

    Though I'm surprised Eeyore isn't on the glass. ;)

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger SavRed said…

    Margie--

    I'm too stoopid. What does it mean that I've been tagged?

    SavRed

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises