Saturday, June 02, 2007
It's Raining, It's Pouring.
For the past few weeks we've been in a severe drought. Lawns once green and plush, sizzled before our very eyes. As Bacon Park Golfer's grumbled and complained of the challenge of golfing in one great sand trap.

Critters with fur, feathers, scales and shells chanced highways and old ladies armed with brooms in their quest for water. Somewhere, there is a shell shocked Basset Hound resorting to drinking from his family's commode. After a brigade of Mockingbirds strategically dive-bombed a shock and awe campaign to commandeer his water bowl.

I awakened this morning to the sound of said Basset Hound's long ears flapping while shaking his sleepies away at the foot of our bed. The sound of our tin roof being tickled by thousands of raindrops proved to cure my caffeine addiction .

As I rolled over to let my other ear enjoy this elevator music from heaven, my eyes opened to a cymbal of glee.

There was an intruder in our bedroom flashing me!

The strange smell of brand new shower curtain permeated my fresh morning air. There, at the side of our bed was our daughter standing with her boots on backwards. Umbrella in hand and wearing her never-before-worn raincoat with nothing on underneath but her Underoos.

For the first time since we've purchased her rain gear - arrived the perfect opportunity to test drive them. Puddles were outside aching to be stomped.

Finally, this morning a little girl can find out for her very self, what raindrops taste like. While a Hush Puppy goes outside to be relieved.

His water bowl has now been set free.

(Blog my Dust!)

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 1:18 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    Wasn't it wonderful??? It's raining here too and I'm enjoying every soggy minute of it. Has there been news on your local stations about how the fires are doing? Is the rain helping any yet, or do we know?

    You should have your book by the 5th (don't know where I got the end of the month from... blonde roots, I guess).

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Hi Judy, not until now did I realize that this is Tropical Storm Barry. There hasn't been much wind at all but lots of rain. The weather is saying between 5-7 inches in some places. =O)

    Neither rain nor storm stoped the United States Post Office today. My book arrived. Thank you Judy - I've been waiting a long time to be able to dig into this one. I've heard so many good things about it. Thanks. Perfect, rainy day and curl up with a good book conditions.

    What more could a gal ask for?

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I'm glad you got rain as no dog should have to fight birds for water.

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger SavRed said…

    What a great day--waking up to rain, napping to rain, tricking the dogs outside to pee and poo in the rain, and now going to bed to rain.

    And I finally got to use my giant OSU umbrella today.

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Rains are to start here soon.
    Good day

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Sorry to read the bad news. Australia is currently experiencing the worse drought since settlement, ten years and getting worse. Thats about 70% of the country.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises