Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Momma, why won't you come home?
A very strange thing happened while I rolled our Curbie out to the street-side this evening to be ready for trash day tomorrow. A young Mexican man in a red pick up truck had stopped to show me a photo and ask me a question.

"Have you seen this woman?"

It was a photo of two young women standing by a Christmas tree, one who very strangely looked almost just like me. So much in fact that the youngest child out of three broke out of her car seat in the back, jumped out of the passenger's side window and into my arms.

The little girl cried, "Momma, why won't you come home?"

It broke my heart, I'm telling you. The young man who is only 28, went on to tell me that their Mother, his wife - hasn't been home since Friday evening when she went out to party with a friend for a few hours. This isn't the first time she's done this. He said it was because of Crack and that Crack makes her act stupid. That he had to miss work because there was nobody home to watch the kids this morning and he has to work to support his family.

The last time she left like this she took all of the kids with her. Thank goodness, this time she didn't. I'm sure if she's on a crack vacation, where ever she is - these darling kids sure do not need to be there.

Part of me wanted to just love all three of the children up and hold them tightly. You can see how sad, scared and confused they were in their big beautiful brown eyes. The little girl who had eventually figured out that I wasn't her Momma still didn't want to let me go. Even the husband, who was so sadly at a loss on what to do, brought tears to my eyes.

If you pray, please remember to include this young family. Their Momma forgot about them.

(Blog my Dust!)

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:23 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    How very heartbreaking. Those poor, poor kids.

    Your book should be there before the end of the month... if Amazon is to be believed! Thanks for playing and enjoy the book. :-)

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Me said…

    What a crying shame!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises