Monday, June 11, 2007
Day One of Cold Turkey
I'm quitting smoking today. Why in the world did I pick a frantic Monday of all days to do so? Whether it's the first of the week, first of the month or first of the year - too often it seems we put things off until then.

I decided to go for it Cold Turkey. No easing off, no nicotine patches, gum or prescription medication. I've quit before in the past and the only successful run was when I did it cold turkey. Sure the first week was hell to get through but once it was over, it was over. The patches and other things seemed to extend the pain and suffering.

I'll report later on how I'm doing, who I've managed to kill or slap and what sort of damage I've done in the process of quitting these nasty cigarettes. I don't imagine it will be too bad, for by God's mercy I had a chest cold over the past two days and all I have to do is think about how that mucus, cough and nasty taste and feeling and I'm grossed out enough to never smoke again. We'll see. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:28 AM  
18 Comments:
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck stranger.

    I my self quit smoking somewhere three months ago. It's even strange how you dislike the smell of smoke when not smoking yourselves :)

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger tony.unwin said…

    Good Luck Girl... you know it makes sense in the long run... and you'll feel better for it, even if you do occasionally slap someone...

    :o)
    T

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dahling!

    You can do it!

    Love
    Hanlie Koekemoer
    xxxOxxxx

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Butchie said…

    Good luck. Here's the trick to quitting:

    Don't smoke anymore cigarettes.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Maybe because you thought if you can get through a Monday (of all days) you can get through ANY day without a cigarette. Get yourself some Orbit gum. Sugar free and VERY strong. It should take your taste buds off. >:)

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Good luck Margie. You can do it! It'll be two years for me this September! If I can quit, you can :-)

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Good luck. There was a man who when trying to kick a drug problem would get the shakes. He took a frozen turkey from the freezer and held it next to him and that calmed him. Hence the phrase going Cold Turkey.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Thanks everyone. I did good today. Yes, I did cave and bum one off a friend (some friend huh?) but after smoking half of it, I realized it didn't do anything for me but piss me off.

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    Chiming in late here to join in the congratulations on your decision. Here's keeping my fingers crossed that the next several days go as easy as today.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    wishing you luck. and here is an even better trick to quitting. don't start! yeah, I kill me. {{{{hugs}}}}

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Angelove said…

    Congratulations! Although there are some days I still crave (and it's been 17 years) I find I feel much better. From reading your blog, I know you can do it....it's just the type of person you are. Good Luck anyways!!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said…

    Good luck! And congratulations! It's hard, but from what I hear (I'm not a smoker) it's so worth it. I hope it goes well for you.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    The best decision in your life. You are free! You are free!!!
    Good luck to you!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    You are strong woman!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    You are very smart woman!!!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    You are Free!

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Congratulations and good luck, from an ex-smoker :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises