Saturday, April 21, 2007
5 Reasons Why I Blog
Do you think you have issues? Shit, I'm just sitting here minding me own business, moping and getting all existential. Wondering how I'm here. Wondering why I have been trekking this arid desert chasing a mirage of wet dreams. Wondering what I'm supposed to do that was so important for me even to have purpose in the first place. Only to wonder if I had any email when this happened!

Yes, I've been tagged. Dr. Chip would like to know "5 Reasons Why I Blog". The poor guy has no idea what sort of Pandora's box he may be unlocking.

1) For starters this blog was intended to ask a certain someone, "What's your problem?" with an attitude of "Do you have issues?" Seems she had issues with someone else who had issues with her, then somehow issues started pouring into a long standing discussion group that gave all the members issues, including me. Ironically, the name of the discussion group was "Discordant Collywobbles." (Inharmonious Bellyachers)

2) At some point I almost wanted to get narcissistic and rename the blog, "So you think you have issues?" For some reason I tend to meet up with the craziest of the crazies. Things tend to happen to me that do not normally happen to other people. If I did write autobiography y'all would think it was fiction. It would read like Winston Groom's "Famous Gump" with a hint of Mark Twain's "Huck Finn" and flavored with Henry David Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience."

3) However, it wasn't me that mattered for every once in awhile I get a comment or email asking me for advice on certain issues. For some issues I've been through them in some form or another. There are some issues I have no clue over but for the majority, I can offer common sense and shine a little light on the bright side of the coin. With that, I just sat back and let the blog do it's thing.

4) Sometimes I tackle political issues. Dish out a little fast food from the God Box encouragement. Help you figure out what to make for dinner when you only have a $5 food stamp. Do a Meme such as this or share some fun family photos or a joke.

5) Overall, besides the wonderful experience of meeting some genuine true blue peeps out here in Blogoland, I do enjoy blogging. So many have inspired me by their blog posts and thoughts. Many have had me thinking or redirecting me away from a previous prejudicial notion. Some left me in shock and many get me to laughing.

I Blog, therefore I am.


Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:57 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Good to see you back, Margie :)

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Help you figure out what to make for dinner when you only have a $5 food stamp."

    What? You have to be joking. Anyone who posts that question should be shot. Drop the internet service & sell the PC to get money to feed the family!!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    nice post, Margie!
    I can remember when I had a pretty rough go of things for a while. there have been times in my life when I wanted to eat, and wished I had a $5 food stamp to even spend.

    Anonymous, get a grip. my laptop came out of the box with a wireless G receiver built in. I can go to any Panera Bread, any Days Inn, most Holiday Inns, Hampton Inns, etc etc etc, as well as most coffe houses, oh, and by theway, you can usually drive down the street and find a home in range... point is, you can get internet for free, and pretty easily, at that.

    don't jump to conclusions...

    B-\

    --------

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger MRL said…

    Miz Margie, I am catching up on all my posting buddies today after all the stress last week! You are a terrific blogger with a lot of great sound, common sense, caring advice to share with all of us. Interaction with folks is what life is all about: to grow, to learn, to savor, to enjoy, to share, just to be or not to be as W.S. said, flake that he was at times.

    You have enriched my life by sharing yours and its experiences with me. People need to connect with others and to, in a way, validate themselves. OMG, did I just say that one! Like a parking ticket stamped from the doctor's office! A parking ticket validation from GOD,we get, no less. He is smiling on you and saying, git 'er done, Margie!

    Love ya, GA PEeach

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises