Monday, April 09, 2007
Mommy Blog Monday: "I Am A Promise"
Parenting a little girl certainly isn't easy sometimes. Just when I think I have it all figured out the unexpected happens. For instance while attending church services yesterday morning an elderly couple remarked on Squirts pretty Easter Dress. Usually, she remains reserved, shy and even utters a blushing "Thank You" in response. But not yesterday.

Nope. Squirt was bound and determined that the prettiest item in her wardrobe were the new pair of Disney Princesses Underpanties that we just purchased two days before. Up and over her head went the gorgeous chiffon dress as she flashed the entire congregation to show off "The Little Mermaid" and sea shell print cotton drawers.

Our embarrassment didn't last very long for her actions influenced the other children to lift up their dresses and check themselves. Shrieks of giggles and excitement erupted all up and down the Sunday School hallway.

"I have Strawberry Shortcakes on!" shouted one little girl as her younger sister, not to be outdone was sure to show off her Barbie Panties. Even the boys were itching to get in on the game but were having a hard time of it, being zipped and buttoned up in their Easter suits and slacks.

That didn't stop Little Joey. For he reached down into his slacks and grabbed a handful of his drawers. Succeeding in giving himself an atomic wedgie in the process only to share, "See! Spongebob! Just like my Dad!" Embarrassing Joe Sr. as he quickly rushed his son into the men's bathroom for a little re-adjustment.

Thankfully the kids settled down as they were shuffled into the sanctuary a half hour later to share with us their Easter Sunday School Program that they've been practicing for weeks to perform. Squirt did fantastic as she belted out -

" I am a promise,
I am a possibility!
I am a promise,
With a capital P,
I am a great big bundle of-
Potentiality!

And I am learning-
to hear God's voice
And I am trying
To make the right choices
I'm a promise to be-
Anything God wants me to be!"


It's funny how Squirt can make me so embarrassed that I want to crawl under a rock and hide one moment, then make me cry with tears of pride the next.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:50 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kittens and a cutie! Thanks for sharing
    : )

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Butchie said…

    Yeah, I still do that.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Just wanted to share a little website with you that our church is registering with (I'll be helping with it even though I have no girls of my own).

    http://www.todayschristiangirl.com

    xoxox

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    :)
    You are the mother of the most beautiful child in the world. :)

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    too funny! Little Princess is known to do things like that on occasion!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises