Monday, March 05, 2007
Mommy Blog Monday: "Walks So Slow"
Sorry today's post is running quite late, I've been a very busy gal today. So busy that I didn't even put any thought into what I would post today. Then I got to thinking, I'm a Mommy - so why don't I "Mommy Blog" once in awhile? It's not like I do it all of the time but it is a big part of my life - so here goes.

Having a four year old at my old age can be quite challenging but it is also a whole lot of fun. Well, unless you consider how I was awaken this morning at 6:30am. "Hey you guys! The sun is up! Stop sleeping already!"

Too young to bring me in coffee or breakfast in bed. Too young to turn TV on by herself or entertain herself without making a huge mess for another hour. And me, too old to even function without that first cup of coffee in me let alone play a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Monday mornings that begin like this are harsh on these old bones.

We've noticed over the weekend that Squirt has picked up a naughty word. At first we thought we were hearing things but when she got angry at the dog and started cussing, we knew for sure what she was saying. We never dealt with this before and weren't sure how to handle it. I didn't want to make a big deal about it, for then it would be a big deal and she'd keep saying it.

I turned to her and said, "No, no. That's not how you say it. What you mean is Bobo is a "Walk So Slow" not an asshole. Just tell him to scoot a little faster and not walk so slow."

"Oh!", exclaimed Squirt - as if this made perfect sense and she turned to the dog and said, "Bobo, you're a Walk so Slow and please excuse me and get out of my way."

It worked!!!

Now if only I'll remember while driving tomorrow to call the next guy that pulls out in front of me a "Drives So Slow."

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:48 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    number one you have such a sweet girl, to blog about her daily wouldn't be a bad thing at all..

    number two i have seen your pics and there is not one old bone to you. you are beautiful and young and active and strong as they come..it's not your age, is the unholy hours that little ones would like us up ;)

    number 3, i'm quite proud of you guys for solving the problem you encounter so well..you are both dedicated and smart parents..now, if only you can teach me to substitute my beeps so easily ;)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Cutie! Great way to handle the situation. Kids pick up stuff soon enough, the longer you can have your sweet little one the better.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    I love it!
    What quick thinking! (Was that before or after the morning coffee?) ;)

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Chana: Thanks on all three accounts. Although I must admit, at 39 I feel old and crusty in the mornings on most days. Luckily, Squirt is a bit behind on bad habits compared to other kids her age. I'll have to blog about that next week. =O)

    Jill: I agree! And I'm guilty for not wanting her to grow up too fast on us in so many ways.

    Lory: After coffee of course. My husbands first response without coffee was to holler at her. But really, she didn't know it is wrong. So I figured we needed to switch it up a tad. =O)

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    I want to say this some as Chana. You look very young and pretty. I get up 4 a.m every day, and I like it. When I sleep longer I feel bad!
    Take good care!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    YES! Cuz she will definitely be WATCHING ... and listening... to hear what you say! They keep us straight! Yes, they do!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises