Wednesday, February 28, 2007
T13: New and Improved
Often when purchasing our usual grocery list of items we pick up a product that has "New and Improved" on it's label. Sometimes this can be a good thing such as when your dish detergent suddenly has a new super grease busting power. Sometimes this can be a bad thing like the year Coca-Cola came out with their New Coke formula.

Below is my list of 13 product improvements I either liked, disliked or would like to see.

1. Bryer's Ice Cream. When they introduced their new convenient and easy to store cartons they failed to mention that they was skimping on the ice cream. What used to be a 1/2 Gallon is now listed as 1.75 Quarts.

2. Folger's Coffee. They now have this easy pull tab can and it rocks! No more fighting with the can opener and you still get to appreciate that original puff of aroma once the vacuum seal is broken.

3. Hershey's Kisses. You can't go wrong with chocolate in my book. For the past few months I've been finding interesting bags of Coffee, Cherry, Orange, Caramel and recently Coconut foil wrapped goodies. I'm impressed!!

4. McDonalds Condiments. This suggestion can be towards any fast food restaurant. They need to somehow contract with Cheeze-Whiz and get packets of the stuff to go with the ketchup, mayo, mustard and BBQ sauce. I know, I know, fast food is fattening as it is - but if you're gonna go and eat saturated fats a few more squirts can't kill you.

5. Girl Scout Cookies. Okay girls, stop messin' with the program. There is no need for these nasty tasting new flavors just stick to the tried and true basics. Thin Mints, Tre-foils, Peanut Butter Do-Si-Dos and Samoas.

6. Diet Pepsi. It's no secret that I'm a Classic Coca-Cola fan and diet colas just don't cut it at all. However, Diet Pepsi's new Jazz line with Strawberries & Cream and Cherry French Vanilla flavors had me fooled. These are actually very good. So good, you don't even taste the "diet" word in them.

7. Sudafed PE Strips. I picked a box of these up the other day because the elderly lady that I care for had herself a terrible cold. So did I. I didn't have time to fill out all that anti-meth lab paperwork for cold medicine so I grabbed a box of these. A simple Cherry Menthol thin strip that you put on your tongue and it dissolves instantly. It WORKS instantly too!! Mrs. Dell declared this product a miracle.

8. Quatro Razor. Okay, I'll admit it the Mach III razor and the feminine version of Venus are the greatest razors ever made. But do we really need another blade in there?

9. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. They've been plugging on the TeeVee for 10 years now that they are adding more and more and more cheese to their box. As far as I can tell the packet of macaroni and the packet of cheese within the blue box has remained the same. I'm not buying it.

10. Fisher Price Little People. I know the old antique versions may have been swallowed by a few kids, but they were the best! Now you only get one or two in a play set and they're decorated so much so, that imagination is no longer needed. I liked the old fashioned Little Peeps.

11. Kibbles 'n Bits Dog Food. Now with new and improved meatier chunks. Our Bobo gets a bit anxious when anything is out of order or ordinary. Including his food, especially now that it has the same smell and texture as Play-Doh.

12. The New Blogger. Need I say more?

13. Potato Chips. All potato chips, cheesy poofs, Cheerios, Cocoa Pebbles and similar products should come inside a Ziploc type of storage bag. Sure it may put the Chip Clips peeps out of business but this tiny little improvement will keep my munchies fresher longer.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:03 PM  
19 Comments:
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate diet drinks too. Have you tried Coke Zero though? We really enjoy it here.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with ya on #10... I like the old little people better too! (Some things are just better left alone, ya know?) My kids, however, love the little people either way!

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    In the case of the Quatro Razor, the mach III and the Venus don't hold a candle. My plus-one loves his, too. I'll have to try the Sudafed PE Strips, I'm forever congested.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Di said…

    And as for Girl Scout cookies...did you know that some of the cookies are called different things in different parts of the country? I found this out when we moved from FL to NC and back again.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said…

    I too hate Diet softdrinks. I was a fun of softdrinks but I managed to shy away from it. It is very damaging.
    Mine is up too.

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Blogger Me said…

    .. Strawberries & Cream and Cherry French Vanilla flavor..

    Americans get all the fun :(

     
  • At 4:18 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    :)I hate Indian made Pepsi ,it is poisonous & injurious to health

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Margaret!
    I prefer domestic food.
    I like Potato Chips sometimes during traveling.
    Have a wonderful day!

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    I love the pull tab on Folger's Coffee!

    I love Diet Pepsi. I haven't seen the new flavors yet. I can't wait to try them!

    I completely agree about the Quatro Razor. It really does seem like overkill here.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE The New Blogger.

    And I think #13 is a brilliant idea!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One day I went to buy my feminie hygeine products and the brand I liked had couldn't find it because they had new and improved packaging. I spent 5 minutes trying to locate it. I hate when they have to redesign the box. It usually means you get less product.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ziplocs! yes! 100%

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said…

    I miss the Little People and the New weebles are just not the same, either.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think they should put beepers in t.v. remotes so that you can "page" your remote when you can't find it.
    I love your zip lock in munchies idea!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger drëâmè® said…

    Yuck to diet cokes and yay to venus razors =D And yes that zip-lock for chips is a good idea.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I love the new Diet Pepsi flavors. One orher complaint I have is that a new product comes out and we3 decide we like it and the store never stocks it again.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger CS said…

    Found my way here through Orhan's blog. Ziploc bags for chips - that's a great idea. I hate to see most classic toys modernized, but I have to say that Legos are WAY more fun now. They used to be just little rectangles and now they are in every shape imaginable and you can build all kinds of neat vehicles. Also, I am one of those strange people who actually like diet sodas better because real soda is too sweet. Until I found GUS soda (Grown-Up Soda) - it's a little tangier with flavors like Cranberry-Lime. Mmmmm.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger MRL said…

    Miz Margie, you are the best. I swear you can read my mind, or what I consider my mind on most days. Yep, I still have it attached to my neck as of now.

    I second the motion on all the products listed. #13, I usually get a few bowls of cereal out of the box and either put in a ziploc bag, or put in the refrigerator, or freezer in the box and the original nasty hard to open plastic bag. You can put a piece of tape over the opened bag, or a hair clip, of a clothes pin instead of the chip clips. Thanks for all these wonderful blogs and ideas you compute our way!

    Love ya, Ga Peach

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Hey, I'm not the only one who noticed the breyer's! I had to point it out to everyone.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Tried posting this this morning with no luck....

    I hate it when companies alter their package size to give you less for the same price. I’d rather pay a few pennies more for the same amount of stuff.

    I really hate it when grocery stores try to rip you off….here’s what I see a lot:

    A sign like...
    Buy a package of two for $1.25!

    Then I think:
    Cool. Decent bargain; so I buy it.

    Then I stroll down the aisle and see a single version of the item for $.50

    I see that in regular grocery stores and, military commissaries. Shame

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises