Friday, March 02, 2007
Margie Unplugged - "It just isn't my week!"
Not much sleep last night. As I was about to click off the TV - the National Weather Service bumped over Stephen Colbert - to report they were extending the Tornado Watch from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. Tornadoes are terrible things as evident in our front pages this morning. At least with Hurricanes you know plenty ahead of time that one is coming and you can be very certain that it will effect you as they span a few hundred miles across.

Tornadoes stink because there is no certainty. All you can bank on with a Tornado Watch is that the conditions are favorable for one to form and to keep your eyes and ears open. So NOT cool at 11.55 p.m. when you're about to close your eyes and go to sleep for the night. When the siren goes off and there is an actual Tornado Warning - meaning one has been seen and confirmed and coming to your neighborhood - that's not cool either.

Much of this past week has been just like this. Last weekend I woke up with that feeling that I was coming down with something. Sore throat, sniffles and a fever ache that just turned me into a Zombie. So I decided to do nothing. No washing dishes, no laundry, no picking up toys, no taking out the trash or sweeping the floor. Just me in my Pajamas sipping OJ, tea and soup for the entire day. I awoke Sunday morning to a disaster that left me wondering, "What in the world blew through my house overnight?"

Then Monday rolled in. For those of you who aren't aware my husband has been having a bit of driver's license issues that he is trying to clear up. Totally his fault as he was a very bad boy and hid his traffic ticket under the seat of his car - soon forgetting about it and not paying it. He deserves to be punished but guess who is driving Mr. Daisy around day and night?

I hate driving in Savannah. Especially in moments like yesterday, when some fool ass of a teenager driving a stolen vehicle makes a run for it from the police. I was coming up to a red light when I heard the siren and saw the flashing lights coming towards me. When all of the sudden trucks started spinning around and crashing into one another.


Who is to know why I had stopped before the red light or why I was running late. Those few seconds that separate you from an accident can be quite bewildering to reflect upon. It puts an entire new spin to saying, "This just hasn't been my week." Neither was it my day, or my time or my 15 minutes of fame. My number wasn't called and neither were my numbers for the Georgia Mega Million Lottery Wednesday night.

I suppose I should have slept soundly knowing that this hasn't been my week. Knowing that the chance of waking up in Oz was very slim. Nevertheless it is the uncertainties in life that give me hope all at the same time. Georgia's Mega Million Lotto is now up to $275 Million and I'm off to buy five tickets.

Wish me luck!

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 1:24 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Hey when you win all those millions rememeber your internet friends.

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    you saw a
    car chase??

    COOL!!

    B-D

    -------

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    All the best after winning produce a movie with me and Julia roberts in the lead & assign Clint Eastwood as the Director :):):).
    @deepak-pls visit India during Navrathri or Deepavali festival.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    Wow, something like that changes your outlook on things, huh?

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    One of my many little phobias is that a tornado will some night come through our neighborhood when we're all soundly asleep. Glad all turned out okay for you, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the Mega Millions!

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger MRL said…

    Mis Margie, sounds like you have a slightly slack, but still effective, guardian angel on your shoulder. I hope he is not sleeping on the job when the lotto numbers are drawn! Glad you are okay with the weather and all.

    I spent a few of those nights watching the tornado weather in Savannah, moved to Roswell, and lived through 2 of them roaring thru our wooded lot on different occasions. I slept thru both. We had a bunch of trees down. One hit a glancing blow to the master bedroom roof and another huge pine tree flattened a boat and trailer and the grands swing set. We all were very, very lucky. Never ignore storm warnings of any kind is my motto! These 2 just came out of nowhere at night! Guardian angels do exisit!

    Love ya, GA Peach

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises