Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Turning up the Heat on Valentine's Day
Margie: My hubby asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I asked him to pick me out something sexy to wear like a nightie or lingerie. He said he wouldn't and I thought it was because he was too embarrassed to go and buy something like this but instead he said that I wasn't hot enough to wear sexy things anymore. I am only 34 and in good shape but I am so upset with him that I can't even look at him anymore. Should I go buy myself something for Valentines Day and remind him how hot I can be? - Cold in Florida

Funny, I was listening to my favorite morning radio show "Lex and Terry" this morning on my way to work. A lady called in to ask something to the tune of "at what age is a woman no longer hot." There are a few men on the show - each with different perspectives but they all seemed to agree that there is a short window of "hot" in a woman's life. Terry explained it well by saying, "Hot is an age when you don't try to be hot. After that a woman can be considered beautiful but not hot."

I gotta defend him, he didn't mean to sound like such a creep - but he was right. To often us ladies try to chase down that "hot" look and we end up miserable doing so. Exercising to the point of exhaustion, never ending dieting, primping, plucking and lifting things at the high expense of time and money. We're trying too hard when to be simply beautiful need not take so much effort.

So no, under NO circumstances should you march over to Victoria Secret and buy that sexy cat-suit or flimsy see-through negligee. First of all it is February and even though you are in Florida there is a bit of a chill in the air. Next, the material that they use for this sort of attire is adorned with scratchy, itchy lace, garters, straps and Lord knows what flimsy elastic that may snap off and take someone's eye out.

Save your money and instead go and buy your husband a brand new white dress shirt or T-shirt. When the sun goes down and you're ready to get comfortable, simply just wear this shirt. Pop some popcorn and rent a cool action DVD full of fast cars and lots of shoot 'em up scenes. Curl up on the sofa beside him, munch down all of the chocolates he gave you and I guarantee you'll have a hot yet beautiful romantic night.

(Do you have issues? If so write in and vent here! All personal information is kept confidential and questions may be edited to exclude identifiable information. )

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:49 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    I listen to Lex and Terry sometimes.

    I agree. I'd much rather be seen as beautiful than hot...because those that try to be hot past their prime tend to just be embarrassing.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    Hi Margaret!
    Very nice post! Woman try to be hot, spend much many and times to be WHO?
    Be happy. Be happy with Who You Are.
    Happy Valentine's Day!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger ela zawrat said…

    Hi Margaret, on the internet you definitely come across as hot! Don't worry about the age and the "magazine definition" of hotness. People respond to energy, not just to an image. Remember these not-so-cookie-cutter-beautiful girls in high school who were extremely popular? And the sullen beauties sitting by themselves in the corner? Life goes on, let's stay hot as long as we can!

    Happy V-day!

    Ela

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Now you have gone and done it."they may snap off and take someon's eye out" Now when the adds for those flim isy things come on the TV I will get this image of something snaping and taking out an eye.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with the shirt or t-shirt idea. That's a hot look for almost any woman..

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, and Happy Valentines Day..

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    No way Terry can qualify that definition of hotness. The measurement of a woman’s hotness is subjective, and dependent on variables such as the observer’s perspective, taste, emotional state, etc., not to mention how the woman looks and carries herself. There are hot women who are not beautiful, and beautiful women who are hot, but then that’s just my opinion….and so my proof that there’s no way to define and categorize a woman’s beauty/hotness ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises