Monday, January 29, 2007
Why Vote for John McCain
It's Monday and time to pull a Presidential candidate out of my hat. Before I do, have you heard about the Lobbying Reform Bill? Karlos gave a bit of a heads up over at the Alamo City and this bill is a concern to Bloggers as well as big time Lobby Fellers like that creepy Abramoff. In Part:

Section 220 of S. 1, the lobbying reform bill currently before the Senate, would require grassroots causes, even bloggers, who communicate to 500 or more members of the public on policy matters, to register and report quarterly to Congress the same as the big K Street lobbyists. The U. S. Senate can impose criminal penalties, even jail time, on grassroots causes and citizens who criticize Congress!

Tempting to take away my 1st Amendment rights is daunting, but Presidential hopefull John McCain knows that no matter what the issue, we can't have real government reform without first reforming our campaign and lobbying laws. Time and again he's dared Washington to follow his lead to break the stranglehold that special interests and their money have on the political process.

Sounds honorable, especially when it comes down to big time corporates who are leashing those in our government and taking us all for a walk. But what about us simple, ordinary citizens? The ones who will ultimately vote for the candidates that are supposed to serve the American people and protect our Constitution.

Vote for John McCain because he really, really loves President George W. Bush!


Seriously folks, these two need to get a room! Unlike FDR, our beloved President Bush may not be able to postpone elections this 2008. Leaving only a secret, in-the-closet option of becoming our next First Lady instead!



(Last Week: Why Vote for Hillary Clinton.)
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:03 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That s just scary! I sometimes agree with McCain tho I'm more of an Independent. I do agree tht our politicos in WA are owned by corporations and their lobbys.

    Our free speech is gradually being usurped. We need to hold on!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I kind of like McCain myself, although I found myself a little confused when he suddenly became "quiet" in his battle against POW treatment and torture for information.

    If he would only promise me that he can lead this country without this administration and Bush cartel/machine - I may give the guy a chance.

    I also am leaning towards John Edwards. I liked him, I just didn't like Frankenhead Kerry.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the last picture, it is so awesome! That reform stuff sounds retarded!

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I am amazed at how you can be political without reallybeing political. Confusion reigns.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Margaret!
    I'm living in USA 4 years only.
    I like these comments, specialy what said Dr.John.
    Take good care!

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    The first pic resembles Marlon Brando :):)

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Margaret!
    It is very interesting what you said- your husband's textbook is on my place. Say more about it.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking through "Office Depot" I found backpack with laptop holder for transport laptop computer. It is good.

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    pls watch my documentary in you tube

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    lol...that picture is awful!

    Though I lean left politically, I like McCain. He strikes me as honest and a no-bullshit kind of person. I think he just tolerates Dubya though...don't think they'll be breeding anytime soon ;-)

    Thanks for the shout Margie! Here's the link to the page that has the lobbying post: http://ravingsfromsanantonio.blogspot.com/2007/01/im-outa-here.html

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises