Sunday, January 21, 2007
Fast Food from the God Box: "I can not, not believe."
Did you ever go to church and find the sermon seemed relevant to you? Maybe you've visited a Bloggy Buddy and found a post that was exactly what you were thinking about last night? I had quite a strange concoction of both things happen to me this morning.

Somehow I managed to sip coffee and take a breath at the same time after reading Dr. John post, "We can not, not believe" this morning. Choking at the shocking coincidence that this was the exact answer that I had concluded just last night.

How did Dr. John know what was churning in my mind recently? Did he spy me out watching "The DaVinci Code" DVD last week? I don't remember posting anything about all of these interesting History Channel shows that I've been watching that taunt my intelligence and faith. Neither have I shared my conversations with two separate and unrelated Bloggy Buds who asked me how I could believe in my doctrine.

Yes, I've questioned my faith and have concluded that I can not, not believe. Simply because I want to believe and for no other reason than that. I want a God who knows me personally and I want to know Him. It is a desire to want to be with friends and family in the hereafter. I want to have a big mansion in the sky, world peace, a pony, and afford to live in a jeweled gated community with streets of gold.

Plus, it would be way cool to hang out with Buddy Christ and discuss philosophical reasonings while trying out the new roller coaster at some new and improved Epcot Center. Then go out at night turning the other cheek with Him in the mosh pit of a heavenly rock concert.

As long as I continue to want, dream, hope and pray - I can not, not believe.


Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 2:08 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    I agree 100%....well said.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Agreed, I think Dr John got inside lots of people's heads and then said it all much better than many of us could.

    Thanks for your reflections too, and for the cartoon which i have posted on my own blog (http://fracme.blogspot.com) with a thank you for sharing!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises