Tuesday, December 05, 2006
The Farting Preacher
Gon and I love to sing together. We've been given drinks on the house at many a Karaoke Bar after doing our renditions of Ike and Tina Turner's "Proud Mary" or Rosemary Cloony's "This Old House." Gon and his deep Louie Armstrong voice and me and soft toned melodic soprano can really bring down the house. Including the Lord's house.

One Sunday morning not so long ago, we were leading the Praise service at our church. I can't remember the song that we were singing at the time but I do remember the God-awful smell that is forever etched in my nostrils. When I first sniffed it out I looked over to the Pastor who was sitting on the side stage upon his bench. The look on his face told me that he smelt it too. Then I looked over at my husband Gon and the look on his face revealed that not only did he smell it, he DEALT it.

There we were, two grown ups suffering from a hysterical giggle fit right there on the stage in front of a whole congregation of people. We couldn't finish our set of praise songs - we were doomed. Thankfully the Pastor stood up and saved the day for us. However, I wonder if we would have had the maturity and cooth to stand up and save the day if it were him?



Nah, we'd probably die laughing. Unfortunately.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:13 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The life of a preacher must be tough,ha,ha..
    Except for the one in the video..

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    That video cracks me up!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This video is always a favorite. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh today!

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger B-Flx said…

    Too too funny - great post. Situations like yours happen in the fitness industry all the time. Nothing like heavy movement to start pushing sounds and smells out.

    Thanks for the laugh

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    Awwwwww NO! ROFL! I would have been MORTIFIED!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Therte are those times in life when we shouldn't laugh but can't help ourselves. I wish it wasn't so. Of course being th eone that caused the laugh is probably worse.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HHaaAAAHHHAAHHaaaaaahhhha, sorry , I can't stop! I'll be back!
    haaHaAAhaahaa....

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Margie!
    Now, I can say - it is- The Intensive Laughtertherapy.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    I didn't get to watch the vid, but your story is hilarious!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The video is too funny!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG!!

    Margie......you're the best!!


    Love,
    Mike
    Upstate N.Y.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises