Monday, December 04, 2006
A Christmas Meme
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Heck, I warm up the Egg Nog and pour it over Hot Chocolate Mix with Mini Marshmallows.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa only brings one gift made out of wood, wraps it and tops it with a big red bow.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
This year I went with colors although I do prefer white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Oh yes, all over the house. In the kitchen, above our beds and even on the shower stall ceiling.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
After Thanksgiving, little by little so it is all done by mid-December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
A Candied Ham with pineapples and cherries. The leftover ham goes in a big pot later for some New Years Day Hopping John.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
Staying up late on Christmas Eve to play Santa Claus with my Mom & Dad and seeing the surprise and joy on both of my sister's faces Christmas morning.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I refused to believe that my Mom & Dad would lie to me so even though I was told by classmates, I would fight with them saying Santa was real. I was about 10 when Mom finally told me the truth and not only was I devastated, I was really, really embarrassed.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, Christmas Morning.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?
All kinds. This is our 5th Christmas tree together and 4th for Katie and we had to start all over collecting decorations year to year. We made some just after Thanksgiving.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love it now that I don't have to deal with it. I dreaded it most days when I lived in NJ except when it snowed on a weekend or my day off.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes indeed!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Nah, but I can remember a few not-so-favorites.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Watching Katie experience them and her excitement over the holidays.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Put it this way, there isn't a dessert that I don't like. From Pumpkin Pie, to Christmas Cookies, Fruitcake and candy canes. Bring it all on!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
It's a new tradition just a few years old, but a week before Christmas the baby Jesus in the nativity scene goes missing. Who took Him and His whereabouts are not know until Christmas morning when someone unwraps a present and receives Him.

17. What tops your tree?
Right now a Nordic HoHo but I really really want a Christmas Angel. (Maybe when they go on clearance after the holidays I could snag one for next year.)

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving with thought otherwise I don't give at all. Giving just for the sake of giving or coming up with something is abusing the Visa card. I'd rather give something needed or wanted throughout the year to those I care about. Not just to put a present under their tree.

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?
My teeth no longer like candy canes but I like Candy Cane pieces.

20. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
The entire Gary Ho-Ho-Hoey Christmas Album!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:11 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i have missed so many of your wonderful posts. pls forgive me, i do love coming here and seeing what you have come up with next :).

    i love this Christmas meme. i got to learn so much about you and your traditions. thank you for sharing. be back soon.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger SJ said…

    Dude, what is egg nog?

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    I remember reading in another post about your missing baby tradition... HOW did that get started? WHY does this happen? I'm having a REALLY hard time figuring out the symbolism in this one....

    Great meme, by the way! I had fun when I did it too!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises