Thursday, April 27, 2006
The Google Adsense Gorpus
I can't help but to be afraid, very afraid; of the "Google Adsense Gorpus" and it's artificial intelligence.

Take the Google Ad on the bottom right hand side of this page for example. Somehow in someway it crawls my blog searching for subjects that match a particular advertiser.



Today it advertises "Lose 20lbs in 3 weeks" Where did that come from? Does baking a cake tell the "Google Gorpus" that perhaps, this Blogger and her readers, need to go on a diet?

If so, I'm highly offended! 20lbs?! Did you ever see 20lbs? Imagine going to Walmart, looking under someones cart and spotting a big red bag of "Old Roy" Gravy Gibbles. Now that's 20lbs and quite a mass.

<looking at myself naked on the webcam> Hmmm, I can see a bag of Fritos on my hips and that evil bag of Chocolate Chip Ahoys hanging out over in my middle. But I don't see a bag of "Old Roy" Gravy Gibbles anywhere.

Tonight, I believe I have issues with the "Google Gorpus" for suggesting that I'm fat! How rude is that?
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:27 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    I see that there is an ad at the top today for "Peanut butter cake recipes."
    Obviously they've been unable to find the 20lbs and are trying to work on that!
    (I might download the recipe and then they can find the missing lbs over here!!!)

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    It's pushing Dolphins this afternoon. I think I'll mess with it later this evening and give it something to stump itself over. -M

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises