Monday, January 26, 2009
Free Writing About the Funk
Let's see, where did I leave off? The last time I solidly blogged I was working and had come down with pneumonia right before Thanksgiving. We'll begin with the latter; pneumonia.

It takes weeks to get over pneumonia and for some reason or another I didn't quite believe that would be the case. Unfortunately this illness did some permanent damage to my right lung and I'm now forever armed with a Puffer for chronic asthma. It's terrible as I now have asthma attacks all of the time. Climbing up stairs, going out in the cold frigid air or whiffing anything chemical like a lady wearing too much perfume.

Topping that off the Dr. had put me on a few other medications for other health reasons that I now believe were giving me some sick feeling side effects. So we've been adjusting some here, ditching some there and replacing others until finally at the end of last week I was starting to feel normal and quite good again.

Then I wake up this morning with some sort of cold, sore throat and fever bug. Figures!

Ahhh, but then that job I used to have. Yes - for those in doubt, this was the absolute worse job on the planet! It suffers from a structure of anarchy where the owner could easily end the chaos but refuses to try anything different. Being friends with the owner made my decision to quit much more difficult.

Yes, the last two and a half months have been my funkiest ever.

But "The Funk" I now know has been hanging over my head for longer than this. After Mrs. McCoy had passed away I was to take the summer off and spend it with Katie before she started going to school full time. Then I fully believed that God was going to shine His heavenly light of direction upon my life.

In fact, I'm sure that He did do just that but it was me who wasn't paying attention.

There I was taking on a miserable job, being miserable and depressed, soon falling sick and more miserable yet. I know now that all of this could have been avoided if I had only listened.

So now, or rather yesterday during this wonderful season of Epiphany - I listened and that heavy funk lifted.

I'll leave y'all hanging on that thought for now.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:41 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything happens for a reason! Don't try to beat yourself up to much for making the right hand turn when you felt you should have made a left. You will be back at it and in the right direction in no time.

    I am telling you though...this flu junk is really going around. This week I had the entire family down and out!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    Dear Margaret,
    I strongly recommend you this my post and watch film.

    http://longe-vity.blogspot.com/2009/01/never-lose-hope.html

    I wish you good health and happiness.


    I agree with Flyinfox,
    everything happens for a reason.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises