Wednesday, October 01, 2008
WaWa Coffeetopia
The 'ole job has been holding it's own and I've been doing much better after ditching the beast-of-burden attitude. Yet, there are those times.

Yeah, those times. When the phone is constantly ringing and you can catch you a death from cold with the revolving door spinning so fast as customers come and go.

Half of the customers whom I couldn't understand what they were saying and the other half? A Rocky road flavored hodge-podge with many nuts and marshmallows.

I like the marshmallows the best!

Then of course, five minutes until it's time to run away for some fresh air and a short break. Here comes "The Don".

Bossman says, "Marge. Tatnall County. Band. Need number and give me 50."

Huh, who, what? Now I didn't say that, but sure thought it. "The Don" well, he likes to keep things short, simple and uncomplicated. When "The Don" asks you to do something, you just have to do it, no questions asked. I figured out the puzzle eventually and almost gave up my lunch break trying.

I was able to steal at least five minutes. So I ran next-door to home, grabbed a drink and sat down to read my online news at Comcast.net. As I cracked open my laptop, there in front of my eyes was an advertisement to behold. WaWa Coffeetopia.

Now I'm a displaced Jersey Girl living here in the south without a WaWa in over 600 miles. I had a hard morning at work and finally sat down to be tortured by a flashy ad that wasn't even in my market!!

I could smell the coffee, taste the coffee... remember the coffee along with a few other choice food items. I was so livid and in no mood for teasing. So I fired off a comment to the folks over at WaWa to share my distress.

It's really unfair and cruel of you. I'm from NJ, but have lived in Savannah, GA for the past 10 years. Whenever I travel north to visit family and friends - I spy out and run into the first WaWa that I see. Just this afternoon while on my lunch break, I check out my news on Comcast online. There - front and center is Coffeetopia by WaWa. Y'all ain't right. Torturing a poor gal like me who is in a market where no WaWa can be found. No decent coffee, or shorti sub. Not a Tastykake or Bagel with Cream cheese or fresh market salad around. Did you ever taste the milk that they sell down here? I won't even get into the sorry state of Deli's. Thanks for the torture, guys! -Margaret

Well, today I came home after an entire day of "unhealthy, keep emotions in, keep smiling and wishing folks a nice day" kind of day. There on my front porch was a nice sized box. A prize and it was addressed to me!! It was filled with loads of wonderful WaWa Goodies!

Inside was a letter from Julia Jones at WaWa Consumer Relations that read:

Dear Margaret, Thanks for brightening up my day. I hope this little pack of goodies finds you well and tides you over until you can get back to the Philly area. Enjoy! -Julia

Awesome. Just totally awesome!

So everyone, if you're a customer in some way, shape or reason - help out a hard working gal like Ms. Julia and myself. Be kind. Make us laugh and brighten our day. We need it!!

And oh... oh... this Tastykake Eclair and cup of coffee this evening totally rocks. Thanks Julia for making my day sweeter!

I love my WaWa's!!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:45 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger tony.unwin said…

    it is so good to hear stories like this, it restores faith in people...

    have a great day and keep smiling
    :o)
    T

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    I didn't see one freaki'n Wawa in Camden or Cherry Hill the other week. When I lived in South Jersey, I used to enjoy their hoagies quite muchfully!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    The South doesn't have WaWa? Really? I may have to rethink the move to Charleston. :)

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger krystyna said…

    I always like to read your posts and this one is perfect too.
    Your WaWa Coffeetopia looks tasty.

    But you know that I prefer
    "Juicetopia".
    Coffee is not good for me.

    Let be only serenity in your life today!

    Love & hugss

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    I probably won't even come close to making your day like that WaWa gift basket, but I did want to say thank you and that you come check out your welcome at the Hurt Locker!

    I saw that you officially came on board and plug this blog as well.

    Post away my dear! Post Away!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    never heard of Wa Wa before but it must be good if it has your recommendation. They certainly sound like nice people.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises