Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Bearing Gifts
Rainy mornings are wonderful, if you plan on sleeping in late and enjoying the soothing pitter patter of raindrops up on your roof. Except if such a rainy morning falls mid-week on a Wednesday forcing you to wake up to dutiful responsibilities.

Nothing to complain about, especially when such fulfilled responsibilities are met with adoration and appreciation. Like how I am greeted every morning when I walk out of my front door. Meet our three stooges; Amy, Hummer and Oreo.


Every morning I find these little darlings snuggled up on the same chair anxiously awaiting to greet me. Sure, they also know that I will provide for them kibbles and thankfully this Friday they will also be provided each a new loving home. Now if only I could catch their Momma and take her off to the vet to get spayed.


This morning's exit went a little bit differently. As I stepped over our threshold and upon our welcome mat, my Ked's immediately detected something cold, wet and squishy. Poo on your shoe is not an encouraging way to start your morning. However when I lifted my foot there was a sigh of relief followed by an anguished exclamation of, "Eeeeeeeew!"


I had stepped upon a baby bullfrog and as if that wasn't good enough, nearby on the porch were two full grown bullfrogs offered to me to cook up for breakfast. I swept them off the porch in angst, but was careful to acknowledge these wonderful gifts from my adoring and appreciative furry family.

Even though I would have preferred a gift basket of fruit.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:55 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Things that make one go Hmmmmm. The Cats are cute though....

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Your kids (and maybe your husband) would have preferred an Xbox 360. Those cats give terrible gifts.

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Rainy days, sleeping late, kitties, and dead bullfrogs. One of these things just doesn't belong ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises