Wednesday, May 09, 2007
"The Sleepy Town that fell Asleep"
When I awoke yesterday morning there was an Yahoo IM box on my computer screen from my Ex-husband.

Edward Nelson (5/7/2007 11:37:30 PM): the house behind us was swarm by police, fbi.and port athuries the people the are not from our country they are nice people. i'll tell u what happed later.

Now, I'm not thrilled to ever hear from my Ex-husband, but then again, I can always count on him to remain true to the small sleepy town's knack for gossip and give me lo-down on what is happening, with who.

Not being the patient sort of gal I quickly checked out the local newspaper's online site:

Residents of this township's Collings Lakes section were shocked Tuesday at the arrest of one of their neighbors, a man federal authorities described as a former Kosovo sniper who is charged with helping men who were plotting to attack Fort Dix.

“They're nice people,” Ed Nelson said. “That's it. That's all I know.”

It seems nobody had a clue; from neighbors, co-workers and even the terror suspects' own spouses or family.

I'm particularly shocked because this sleepy town of Collings Lakes, NJ was my hometown. For my 30 years spent there it was such a closely knit community where everybody knew of everybody's beeswax. One can't even fart within the confines of their bathroom inside their own home without half the community licking then sticking their thumbs to their forehead.

There is a gossiping busy-body old lady living at almost every corner. Only in Collings Lakes could a young girl get her first kiss at her school bus-stop and have her parents find out about it in the 5 minutes it took to walk home.

I'm still half deaf due to the reaming parental screams from that day.

So what eggs me this morning?

My sleepy hometown fell asleep.

Maybe that means it's safe to go back home?
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:09 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    They're lulling you into a false sense of security. They'll be ready when you wear white after Labor Day, jaywalk...

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    lmao! the first kiss thing sucks! they screamed at you?
    mine would have teased and tormented me
    ttyl!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises