Thursday, November 09, 2006
The Twitching Eye
Oh my heavens, No! Of all the quirky little afflictions one can get why Lord, oh why do I have to suffer this one? I'll take instead a nice Vesuvius sized zit on my nose. A fever blister or two. Anything else but this embarrassing twitching eye stuff.

It started about 3 days ago while I was driving to work. As quickly as it began it had ended in a matter of a few seconds. I counted it up to be just a freak thing until it happened again a few minutes later as I was paying the cashier for my coffee. All through the day yesterday and today it would kick into full twitch throttle at the most inconvenient of times.

Guys must think I am flirting with them and heck, their wifes are giving me funny looks too. I can't help it!! It is involuntary and I don't know what to do about it. I searched around online and found it could be caused by a number of different things. Too much alcohol wouldn't be a factor. Too much Caffeine perhaps but not likely as I always enjoy my two cups of coffee in the morning and no more. It even has read that a simple thing as a bad back and spinal column can cause involuntary muscle movements.

Oh well, nevertheless until it stops once and for all I'm going to be a nervous wreck thinking I'm stroking out or something. Time to dig out the pair of cheap sunglasses and let my hair hang down over my eyes. Oh Lord, here it goes again. My computer screen is now a temporary disco light and it's a terrible feeling. Anyone else out there ever had to deal with this? What did you do or not do about it?
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:18 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there! My husband had it and the doc told him it was just stress....NOT a stroke! If it persists see your doc...but he'll probably tell you the same thing. In the meantime...you could have a lot of fun with it, don't you think?%

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i don't know if it's the same thing, twitching and shaking but my eyelids shake like heck too..not always, it comes and goes..the whole thing doing the samba...the doc said it was a stress reaction..not to think of it for it would make it worse..yeah, like that is easy to do..
    i know it's a nuicanse but try (this is coming from worrier of the century ;p) not to worry..in the meantime enjoy the guy's attention..

    have a good one..

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have had that in the past when I was really stressed out. ((hugs)) I hope it passes soon, I know how annoying it can be.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    I had a twitch in my index finger for the longest time, maybe 3 months. It was probably related to too much computer use. But lucky for me, it is now gone!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger butterflies said…

    Oh thats easy..its a lack of magnesium..honestly!
    Do a google search and you will believe me.It happened to me and I was amazed after taking a short course of magnesium tabs and it went away!
    http://www.foresight-preconception.org.uk/booklet_roleminerals.htm

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises