Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Time Machine - Four Years Ago Today
I'll always remember this cold November morning for the rest of my life. I was one week overdue and about as big as a house. My back was killing me and I couldn't sleep to save myself. It was 5:30am and I gave up counting my millionth sheep as I rolled over out of bed and my water broke.

I thought I could make coffee, take a shower and get dressed before driving the five minute route over to the hospital. However, things weren't going as I had planned. To think all of the time I spent watching the Discovery Health Channel Baby Shows, the Lamaze classes and the countless number of Pregnancy magazines was all for nought. Those 5 minute apart contractions never happened as we went from zero to whammo in the blink of an eye.



I don't remember too much else about that morning and I owe much thanks to my good friend Demoral. They did give me an epidural but things went awry. I found out later that the bus accident that I was in at 23 weeks pregnant herniated a spinal disk and the epidural went up instead of down to numb my nether regions. Soon I couldn't feel myself breathing and I was knocked out for the count as they rushed me in for an emergency c-section.

I do remember waking up in recovery and Jon handing me his cellphone. I missed it. I missed everything and all that I knew was that I had a beautiful baby girl over in the nursery. However, it was time for me to rest up. Hey, I was just thrilled as all get out that I could look down and see my own toes again.

Hours later Jon rolled in a tiny bassinet and inside was a crying little baby. It didn't look anything like mine and I doubted that it was mine. She had brown hair, was red all over and looked nothing like I ever imagined. In fact she looked so much like her Daddy I felt like I was merely an incubator for the past 9 months.

...to be continued.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:17 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger drëâmè® said…

    Aww... such an adorable baby.

    Happy birthday to your daughter :)

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Happy birthday to her!! And I can see you in her physical features. :)

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    we have similar labour stories...i had precipitious labors too..of course my body went into shock and no meds for me either..they tried the first time and i reacted, which made my time a bit more crazed..

    at the end you and i have wonderful angels, gifts from God. and you and i are here alive and enjoying them, how lucky we are.

    dr. John sent me here to rejoice with you and Jon of the miracle of life.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said…

    my little girl is about to turn 5 so i keep thinking back to the labour part 20 hours i had to wait then they took her straight away and didn't get het back for 7 hour i've found it hard to let her out my sight ever since!
    happy birthday to your little bundle
    dr john sent me by

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A belated Happy Birthday little one. I hope you had a wonderful one and that you let your mommy sleep in a little later this morning.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises