Monday, November 06, 2006
Voting on the Local Level
As the hours tick and the choices narrow down, I have decided to focus my vote more on the issues at hand at the local level. It seems many of the candidates from either party are all a little too caught up on what is going on over in DC's big house. However, there are a few candidates who are remembering the issues right here at home and in our backyards.

Affordable health care is an issue for me. The cost of medical insurance for a family of three is astronomical. I will vote for the candidate that supports the Georgia Peach Care Program for children and seeks incentives for Doctors and local hospitals to provide clinical or sliding-scale-pay services to those who are uninsured according to their income.

I will also vote for the candidate who is remaining focused on Georgia's educational woes. For the past 10 years or more the states of Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama have been competing for last place in grade school testing results. Katie still has two years to go before Kindergarten kicks in and if the quality of education here does not improve - it will be better for me to home-school her. This vote will also apply to the HOPE Scholarship program and grants for continued education. Something that Gon is taking full advantage of now in his final year of college.

So I've got it figured out. I'm voting for one incumbent for the Senate because he was fruitful for his last two years in office. I'm voting for the new guy for Congress because the old guy seems to have lost his way home as well as lost touch with the peeps he was elected to represent. Our Governor Sonny can stay in office because quite frankly he's a fun guy and he is always working or doing something good. I like that. Finally we have a good handful of local office candidates - most which will certainly end up in a run-off election. They are all new to the political block and it's hard to tell who is for what and where.

My madness will be to vote for whom I haven't heard of nor spotted a political sign clogging up every intersection in town. It may not make any sense, but I have a feeling these are the ones who are more focused on the elected job than the actual winning of the game. Good luck tomorrow for everyone.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 7:15 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of how you will vote. Other than the govenor and the senator in my state I have no idea. The candidtaes for other offices haven't even run a commercial. I am going to vote for the guy that stoped by my house to ask for my vote if I can remember who he is. I think he is a Republican because there is no party listed on his brochure.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Big Mama said…

    See you at the voting booth!

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    See u on Cnn or Bbc.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises