Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Margie Unplugged
These posts titled Margie Unplugged are basically free-written thoughts straight from the twisted full frontal brain lobes of mine. There is no rhyme nor reason, purpose or ambition to these thoughts. In fact, backspacing and deletion is not allowed with the exception of misspellings. That is because it is one thing to be a babbling idiot and quite another to sound like a featured Jerry Springer episode guest.

So what do I have to say? Who the hell knows, and it more than likely is not important. My current lack of inspiration, creativity and writing skills have totally flown out the window for the past few weeks. All that I have to think about, let alone write about is full of drama and all about nobody but me. How boring is that? You be the judge.

It's 1:30 in the afternoon on my Wednesday off and I have yet to clear off my kitchen table, pull out the sewing machine and fashion together two sets of curtains. My problem is that I don't want to. A customer noted and commented a few months ago on the window treatments I have in my home and decided to employ me to make some for her. She pays well and anyone other than me would most likely jump at the chance to make $300 for just an hour or two worth of work.

So what in the world is my problem? I think it is because I am agitated at the hideous material and colors this lady has chosen compared to the design I recommended. Seriously, it is tan khaki and one might as well push a curtain rod through the belt loops of a few pairs of Dockers and tie 'em back with an ace bandage. That is what she wants and I'm afraid that anyone who visits her will find out that I made the nasty looking things. They're not my M.O. you know?

The old adage says, "The customer is always right. Give them what they want." But sometimes it is my opinion that they don't even know what they want. They need change but are afraid to deviate from what they are used to. We've all seen peeps like this, the kind that still walk around with Mullet hairstyles and install shag carpeting that is new but still looks like it is 40 years old.

This customer also recently had their entire interior of their home painted. I thought to myself, "Wow! This is going to be fabulous." I returned two weeks later to find they painted their interior - and I mean their entire interior the same piss yellow it was before. The only difference, they also painted the gorgeous woodwork the same color! Now were talking toilet water being used for 5 days while the water was shut off kind of yellow.

Walls that by this time tomorrow will adorn on it's windows Khaki tan curtains making them look like brown paper shopping bags. So cheesy.

It is no wonder I have put off this project until the very last moment. I hate when my creativity is stifled!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 2:30 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    You should start an "unplugged" blog roll. I would so be there...

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Me said…

    But sometimes it is my opinion that they don't even know what they want.

    This is so bloody true.

    Don't force your thoughts Margie, they'll come to you at the strangest moments when you relax your mind and relieve yourself of any pressure to write.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    "Current lack of inspiration, creativity, and writing skills..." ?? I often see things on this blog that I want to steal/copy. I think the Unplugged series is a great idea! I just hope your customer doesn't read it. Or, maybe she should, huh?

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    My customer only owns a Word Processer believe it or not and has never been online nor wants to be.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises