Thursday, September 06, 2007
Margie Unplugged, "School Days."
Oh my heavens! It's quiet and peaceful, so much so that I don't know what to do with myself. We dropped Squirt off for her first day of school this morning and I feel lost.

Alright, actually I'm basking here in the peace and quiet, sipping coffee and sucking up every minute of it. I haven't had this type of morning in almost five years.

Now I wasn't going to ever hand Squirt over to the public school system. Nope, she was going to go to a private school or be home-schooled. No way, was anyone going to be trusted with the best interests of my kid. Well, I changed my cotton picking mind.

Just like that LUVS diaper commercial when the Mommy speaks of only the best, expensive diapers for her baby. She got over it and so did I. Squirt's a tough cookie and I can trust she'll overcome anything that comes her way. My fear now, is for her teachers. I'm half expecting a phone call to say that my child has been suspended and to come pick her up.

This is one of the main reasons why we decided to send her to school. She IS a discipline problem and walks all over the both of us. She's in desperate need for some Golden Rule Days. Yet, at the same time I know for certain that she is going to win over her teachers. We're going to hear incredible stories such as, "She's so sweet. She's so helpful. She's so good." by the time teacher/parent conferences roll around.

Everybody thinks our child is well behaved BUT us.

So off to school she goes. It wasn't easy, I've been running into brick walls all over for the past few weeks. Her insurance was canceled due to not being used of all reasons and she had a few immunizations, eyes, ears and dentist to go to. School began yesterday but yesterday was when we finally had all the forms together. When I dropped the forms at the school yesterday afternoon at 4:45pm - they told me that Squirt could not attend. The classes were filled and she would have to be put on a waiting list.

At that point, I just sighed and said, "Okay, put her on the waiting list." I wasn't home 10 minutes when at 5:15pm my phone rang . It was the school administrator saying there had been a drop out and that Squirt can start TODAY.

She is so there right now and I'm so loving every second of it. I'm going to take a few days to bask in the glory of quiet then get on the ball and start catching up on things that I haven't been able to do in five years. Although I still work and have other responsibilities, this is going to be a welcomed change and crossroads in Motherhood.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:38 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Enjoy it until the silence begins to get you.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Squirt's a smart girl. Watch out for when she has the principal in her little pocket :)

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Me love quiet mornings. Squirt's quite a character. I was a discipline problem myself, so I'm right there with ya ;-)

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Deech said…

    Congratulations are in order! Enjoy your new found freedom. Of course you will be paying for it with PTA meetings and fundraisers, but might as well enjoy what you have right now!

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Seems like just yesterday she was still sleeping in the crib...

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    I think the Phone Call you need to fear the most is...
    "Hello? Margie? this is the school calling. it's your daughter, Squirt. yup. uh-huh. no, uh... nope. she's fine... well... except for...
    ... well, she's gone and built a uh... umm...
    ... a functioning Atomic Reactor, you see, and she refuses to shut it down... "

    yup. that's the one to be afraid of.

    B-)

    --------

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises