Monday, September 03, 2007
Happy Labor Day
I love September for many reasons and Labor Day always manages to kick those lazy, dog days of summer behind me. My electric bill will start winding down and my energy will start winding up. This just may be my very favorite time of year.

Although I kinda have to go to work today, it's only to prepare Mr. & Mrs. IOH's lunch. That's not really work, for I'll work harder stopping at the store for my 6 pack of Smirnoff Raw Teas and a few burgers and buns. Finding a parking place will be half the battle.

Also, this morning was the very first Monday morning in the past year and a half, that I didn't have to wake up at 5:30am. I used to clean a beauty salon every Monday morning for a few bucks. A few bucks that I've realized over the last year needed to be a few bucks more.

The fingernail dust, hair and clippings can wreck havoc on a vacuum cleaner. The spilled hair dye, hair spray on all of the mirrors and maintaining a bathroom that is primarily for women constitutes some heavy, commercial labor.

I asked for a $10 raise to begin this September and was refused and replaced. When I dropped off the key Saturday afternoon the owner said, "I'm sorry."

I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, you're sorry alright."

Almost feel sorry for the woman actually, she'll only get what she has paid for and will end up terribly disappointed in the long run.

Yet, as always one door closes and another opens. Moving on can be a wonderful thing.

Happy Labor Day.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:53 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    When I got Betty home from her cataract surgery this morning I read her your comment from my blog. She laughed so hard she almost lost her eye patch.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    How much were you getting paid before you asked for the raise?

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Just $40 I raised it to $50. Still a great deal as Merry Maids would charge $110 ($55/hr for 2 hours) for commercial cleaning.

    It's not worth getting out of bed for any less than that.

    Heck I clean mansions that are spotless for $80 in less time and effort.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises