Wednesday, August 08, 2007
August Happiness Challenge - Day 9
Judy has been so cheerful and faithfully joining in on the August Happiness Challenge. The challenge is to write about something that makes you happy every day in the month of August.

I found it a great idea and promised to join along - but instead failed miserably and am now 8 days behind.

Guess that makes me a whiner and I don't want to be such a grump. Of all months, August and this current 110 Heat Index factor can put rainclouds above the heads of the most happiest, shiniest people. So there can't be a better month to place such a challenge.

So here I go, trying to catch up on Happy Thoughts in the only way that I know how.

1) We bought a new TV. It's a big TV and as wide as our house. No more squinting required. I can watch my favorite show while standing clear across the Vernon River a half mile away. It's a beast of a thing but it makes my husband very, very happy. I'm happy when he is happy. It doesn't bother me that I have to find a place to put all my knickknacks and wall decorations. They only collect dust anyway.

2) I'm getting two new pairs of eyeglasses and I'll pick them up this Monday. They are really cool glasses. One pair is a Flexilite frame so I can fall asleep with my glasses on while watching TV without twisting them out of shape. My other pair of glasses are prescription Raybans so I can go outside in style. But wait, the news gets even better. Way better. My vision has "progressed" and that is a good thing right? I'm graduating to Progressive lenses and out of. those kiddie single vision types. Now I can see far away and be able to read the label on a can of corn without holding it an arms length away for focus.

3) My hemorrhoid flare up has cooled down. I can sit again comfortably. Those steroid suppositories really made a difference. They also gave my sphincter superhero strength qualities. Seriously, I had Barry Bonds beat in Home Run stats months ago. That is the number of times running home as fast as I can to make it to the bathroom. Now with a beefed up Super Sphincter, I can take my time and even manage to pick up milk on the way home.

There goes three happy thoughts down and out of the way. I'll catch up on the other six tomorrow. This afternoon I have a full schedule of cleaning and complaining to do.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:06 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Me said…

    .. but it makes my husband very, very happy. I'm happy when he is happy.

    That is very sweet.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Nothing beats a new TV. I miss that feeling...

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Just remember that too much whining negates the happy thoughts.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises